• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

05 NSX.......should I Lease or Buy?

Back in October, I bought an 03 NSX off of ebay. After I had it, I didn't really want to take it and park it many places, so this made me think I should sell it. But I really loved the car and was going to keep it.

THEN, I found out the person who sold it to me lied about it never having anything wrong with it and carfax was wrong about it as well. The passenger side door had been repainted and the towhooks under the front of the car had been bent and cracked off the frame. After finding this out, I no longer wanted the car and traded it in at a Honda dealership in Tampa and bought an 05 S2000.

Now I really miss my NSX and want to sell my older 03 S2000 and get a brand new NSX. After the last experience, I don't want anything to do with a used one.

I'd like to get a Long Beach Blue Pearl with camel interior as my first choice, blue interior as my second, and black interior if it's my only option. I'll be ready to buy the first week of June, if anyone knows a dealership that has my color combination.

If I buy it, I can put between $30k to $40k down or keep the money in the bank and lease....but I would want to buy the car at the end of the lease. I know the really good lease special ended 5/2 and am not sure what kind of lease is going on now.

What would you guys do, put the money down and buy now or hold onto the money and lease now, then buy at lease end?

Also, does anybody know what kind of leases are being offered on the NSX right now?

LEASE!! the lease deal right now through ahf is 799 a month w/ a very low amount down. go to hondas sight and go to lease deals. it will explain the terms for your state. :biggrin:

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks!!!! :) I hadn't noticed the 36 month lease was back. Last time I checked it said it ended 5/2. Now it says it's going on until 7/5. So that time frame is PERFECT for me.

Next question....anybody know a dealer that has Long Beach Blue with camel or blue interior?????

tbck2793 said:
AWESOME!!!!! Thanks!!!! :) I hadn't noticed the 36 month lease was back. Last time I checked it said it ended 5/2. Now it says it's going on until 7/5. So that time frame is PERFECT for me.

Next question....anybody know a dealer that has Long Beach Blue with camel or blue interior?????

Mike at Bridgewater Acura in NJ had one. Blue with Black

Bobolinski said:

Thanks, he told me about that one a couple weeks ago. Jacksonville FL, about 3 hours from me, has black interior also. I really want to try to find a camel or blue interior before I settle for black though.
I'd even fly out to the west coast to get it and then have it shipped back here if I could find the interior I'm looking for.

Bobolinski said:

According to the Acura page, Bridgewater no longer has an NSX in inventory.

I found a dealership not too far from NJ that has blue/camel. I'm going to PM him and see if he can do a dealer swap.

I think that Greenwich Acura has a blue, not sure of the interior color

tbck2793 said:
According to the Acura page, Bridgewater no longer has an NSX in inventory.

Ummmmmm, that would be correct ! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW, I've crunched the numbers and, if you have NO intent of modifying the car the lease is virtually the same cost as buying it and selling it after 3 years and the payments for that period of time are considerably less (roughly $240/month). And that's not even allowing for the "opportunity cost" of a 30 or 40K down payment.

In addition, at least in most(?) states, you are only paying sales tax on the payment, i.e. $50/mth (NJ), total of $1800 over the life of the lease instead of $4800 up front.

Downside of the lease - You're stuck for 3 years, you can't modify the car and you're limited to 7500 miles per year.

Upside - Whatever downpayment (if any) you would have put down on the purchase, you still have to invest somewhere else (opportunity cost). You've limited your "risk" and you can WALK AWAY if you don't want it. After 3 years, assuming the same track record of depreciation that exists today you can buy a car whose history you know at a very "competitive" price. :wink:

RPM217 said:
I think that Greenwich Acura has a blue, not sure of the interior color

Just called them, it's a Black interior.

The ones I found are:

Black interior in CA, CT, and NJ.

Blue interior in IL and NC. Except the dealership in NC told me their owner is driving the car around!!!! So I wouldn't want that one.

Camel interior in VA.

I PM'd "Bridgewater Acura" yesterday to see if he could do a dealer swap and get the one from VA so I could get it from him. But I notice he hasn't been on the board since late last Tuesday night.

NSX-GUY said:

Is that one yours now? Congrats if it is.!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

tbck2793 said:
Is that one yours now? Congrats if it is.!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

(And thanks - I just posted a new thread about the deal ! :wink: )
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

tbck2793,

Just for future buyers sake you might want to put up a post with the VIN of your old yellow NSX as well as what damage that it had. It may help someone from getting buyers remorse in the future....

Or another option is to report the damage history to CarFax.

Motegi said:
tbck2793,

Just for future buyers sake you might want to put up a post with the VIN of your old yellow NSX as well as what damage that it had. It may help someone from getting buyers remorse in the future....

Or another option is to report the damage history to CarFax.

I don't remember the exact complete VIN# but it was car # 88 for the year 2003.

The problems I found out it had were:

1) After I had it for 4 months I took it in to Acura to have it checked out for a rough idle and it's second oil change. When I went to pick it up they put it up on the rack and told me that the front tow hooks were almost ripped off the frame of the car and that the frame around them was damaged. They said someone who didn't know what they were doing must have transported it somewhere and that only an "extreme force" could have done the damage it had. To fix it they said they would need to remove the tow hooks and reweld new ones to the frame as well as reweld part of the frame. They told me it would cost about $2,000 for me to fix it. They told me that it didn't "necessarily" need to be fixed and would be safe to drive if I just left it the way it was. However, at this point, I already knew I no longer wanted the car because I am very picky about stuff like that.

2) They also pulled out one of those paint measurers and proceeded to show me how there was quite a bit more thickness in the paint on the passenger's side door than on the entire rest of the car. I do have to admit that whoever painted it did a superb job, because you couldn't tell it from the rest of the car and I would have never know. But finding that out on top of the other thing made me want the car even less.

I traded it in at Tampa Hondaland the following week (2/18) for $65k which wasn't bad since I paid $65,500 for it. Last I heard was that their General Manager was going to buy the car off of them.

Back