• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

08 Acura tl type s calipers on an nsx?

Greetings,

I too want to find out if tl calipers fit on the NSX. Please no lectures on whether they work well or not or "you are wasting your money..." That's a different debate. I like A.S Motorsport answer the best so far.

Greetings,

I too want to find out if tl calipers fit on the NSX. Please no lectures on whether they work well or not or "you are wasting your money..." That's a different debate. I like A.S Motorsport answer the best so far.

No they won't fit without a custom bracket.

No they will not work well, and it's not really a "debate", without a way to control the brake bias the brakes will not work effectively.

For as much money as you would spend trying to get TL calipers to work you might as well just get a BBK designed specifically for the NSX.

Greetings,

They do not fit without modification. You will need to have someone fab custom brackets. You also will need to find a way for the wheels to clear the calipers. Either big wheels or spacers.

No they won't fit without a custom bracket.

No they will not work well, and it's not really a "debate", without a way to control the brake bias the brakes will not work effectively.

For as much money as you would spend trying to get TL calipers to work you might as well just get a BBK designed specifically for the NSX.

Well a NSX specific BBK will cost more,
OEM Calipers can be had quite cheaply using a BBK rotor hat and rotor (likely 28mm thick).

I do see it making sense for the looks, braking bais will be effected but for street driving the ABS will keep thing do able.

A other thought that i for see being made right now is swapping over the complete TL brake caliper setup (front and rear) this won't give corrected bais since that's a 60/40 car not 50/50

To get it done properly take into account:

1. Piston sizes
  2. Rotor diameter
  3. Weight distribution
  4. Weight/mass
  5. Brake Bais
  6. Pad surface area
of both your NSX and the donor car.
now... there are quite a few calculations needed to get a proper picture of what's going on there and what's going to happen.

Machining might just be the easy bit in such a project.
Take a good look at the following info:
http://takemebeyondthehorizon.wordp...ow-down-faster-the-math-behind-brakes-part-5/

http://stealth316.com/2-brakeupgrade.htm#stock

This will give you a bit better understanding.

Last edited:
Back