• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1 Year of Ownership 1ST Maintenance

LJSB

Suspended
For me, it is now 1 year of ownership. 3,900 miles exactly.

I went to Friendly Acura of Middletown, where I bought he car. I needed a State inspection and a oil change.

To own such a car and have this be my only maintenance cost for a year is pretty sweet in my book.

Friendly Acura of Middletown is just that, friendly, nice and they have a crackerjack service team. I tipped Ryan, the NSX tech, $50.00 for a quality conscious, quick and neat job.

Great car. Really great car.

Last edited:
good to know Joe...

Is your dealer keeping their Type S order or is it going to a customer?

graze...

For me, it is now 1 year of ownership. 3,900 miles exactly.

I went to Friendly Acura of Middletown, where I bought he car. I needed a State inspection and a oil change.

NYS Inspection was N/C. The 26 point inspection, and oil/filter change was $340.00 . In and out in two hours.

To own such a car and have this be my only maintenance cost for a year is pretty sweet in my book.

Friendly Acura of Middletown is just that, friendly, nice and they have a crackerjack service team. I tipped Ryan, the NSX tech, $50.00 for a quality conscious, quick and neat job.

BTW I asked them not to service my oil filter, (change the filter and "o" rings) but replace it with a complete new oil filter assembly ( I gave them the part #) It was maybe 5 bucks more but it shaves time and the mess of a filter overhaul.

Great car. Really great car.

I believe you got a great price on the oil change. My last was $450, and the least expensive was $400. Thanks for the tip on the oil filter vs the individual components.

Great info ion the oil filter. If you don't ask them to do this, do they re build the oil filter or something leading to more hours? I don't understand why they wouldn't just replace it with a new filter assembly?

"BTW I asked them not to service my oil filter, (change the filter and "o" rings) but replace it with a complete new oil filter assembly ( I gave them the part #) It was maybe 5 bucks more but it shaves time and the mess of a filter overhaul."

Great info ion the oil filter. If you don't ask them to do this, do they re build the oil filter or something leading to more hours? I don't understand why they wouldn't just replace it with a new filter assembly?

Changing the filter element and o-rings only takes a couple of minutes. Easy to do. Shouldn't add any extra labour cost to the job.

Last edited:
Back