• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

12 Step Programs...

Ok, so besides the fact that I've owned more than 15 cars in the last 20 years, breaking into 5 Porsches, 4 Bimmers (M3, 540), couple of jap twin-turbos fashionable at the time - Italian jobs and misc in between...

I just (about 5 days ago, basically on a whim) traded my old 996 (10-year Porsche owner, PCA member, and much track) for something that I can't quite describe: a Y2K NSX-T, silver.

So - issues: I can't really fit, tough I'm only 6'2. Decided to buy it anyways. Been assuming the "lazy boy" stance which gives me enough head clearance but I do worry about any sudden/emergency maneuvers required in that position.

I'd never be able to fit in with a helmet, anyone aware if they allow targa top removal at driver-ed events? (Porsche club did not)

Heard about lowering the seat possibilities, any experiences?

Anyway, no real topic here other than I have never lusted / enjoyed / owned / driven / obsessed after an NSX until I bought one.

I am obsessed with this car in a big way!

So no real point other than to say wow and lucky me, in a few hours I can drive back to work! <g>

[This message has been edited by rquintero (edited 11 August 2000).]

Heard about lowering the seat possibilities, any experiences?

Not possible to lower the seat. Many folks with head clearance problems have removed some of the cushioning in the seat bottom to provide more headroom. See the section of the FAQ called "Insufficient Head/Leg Room" for more info.

Congratulations on your recent purchase and for finally discovering the genius of the NSX. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale; feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I'm sure that I'll be able to help. We also need to get together for a drive. Perhaps you will drive up to Atlanta with us in October for NSXPO......we are leaving on the afternoon of the 20th....... See ya around...I hope.

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info, pics and a new classified & discussion board (very new) @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Thanks - please tell me more about the Atlanta event, and while I have your attention, is there any club or organized group (along the lines of Porsche Club of America) in Florida? I'd be particularly interested in any track events...

please tell me more about the Atlanta event, and while I have your attention, is there any club or organized group (along the lines of Porsche Club of America) in Florida? I'd be particularly interested in any track events...

There is information about NSXPO 2000 on the website of the NSX Club of America at http://www.nsxca.org The event includes activities during the day on Friday October 20, so most folks are driving in on Thursday October 19.

The Florida Chapter of the NSX Club of America has its own website at http://www.nsxflorida.com

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 11 August 2000).]

Welcome to the wonderful world of NSX. You'll find many similar stories of people (especially those who finally "discovered" the NSX) becoming obsessive freaks, desperately seeking others with whom to share their enthusiasm. You'll find stories of people like me who dreamed of owning one since even before it made its way Stateside. Regardless, you've just entered a world of people who are truly passionate of their car. Enjoy and have a blast!

Great choice of color too...I first saw a Y2K Silverstone NSX-T at last night's NSXCA Southwest dinner meeting. Awesome. If I had checked it out before I buying my red one, I just might have ended up with that color instead! (Don't get me wrong...no buyers remorse here. Red rules!)

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

I am 6'2" with a sitting height of 38" and I was knocking my head against the headliner all the time. I had realized this as a potential problem when I purchased the car but I had to have the car nonetheless! The salesman recommended a place in San Jose called Auto Dynamics that could aleviate the problem. Well, to make a long story short, what they did was shave 1&1/2" of cushion from the drivers seat. Sounds scary but they did an excellent job. Now I have all the headroom I need!

Thanks - an extra inch would make all the difference. But back to the subject of cars...<g>

Any tradeoffs? Seat remains comfortable with 1.5" less padding? Somehow it seems that shaving that much off would compromise something, although I can't think of it.

Is yours a targa? Ever tried to fit in the car with a helmet?

[This message has been edited by rquintero (edited 11 August 2000).]

You can run with a helmet on but its such a pain in the ass.Im 6'1" and have a hard time with it.I've ran with and without the targa installed.If course its a night and day difference.You can actually "drive" and feel comfortable at a track without the top.
Anyways you'll love your NSX reguardless.Like me you will find a way to manage

Back