• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

12th Annual CalCoastal NSX Canyon Drive - A NOT To Be Missed Event!

Pics please!

Glad I dropped by had fun, thanks everyone :)

got home at 5. Im beat.

Drive was very fun, I just did not like that stretch of gravel AT ALL. Thanks to that, my new sidescoops got rocked chipped on its first drive and now I have to remove to get re finished.

Other than that, I enjoyed it a lot and I'm glad everyone made it without any issues. No wrecks, no break downs and only 1 ticket.

Would I do it again? Of course but next time I hit a gravel road I am turning around and going back home.

Got home about 45 minutes ago. Had to stop for gas on the way home. The 5 was a relatively easy drive. Tired and thirsty but grinning still.

Many thanks for Scott and John for setting this up. Great roads (well most of them) and the HPD tour and lunch were awesome. Great job again guys.

Also fun to catch up with friends, new and old. Thanks to all and I hope everyone gets home safe.

Oh, who got a ticket?

Big THX to John, Scott, Tina, +++ who helped to make this awesome event. The HPD visit was a pleasant surprise. All the effort went into planning, executing, assisting are greatly appreciated.
Another fine CalCoast Drive to remember!:biggrin:

I got the ticket, and although it was a huge bummer, the drive itself was great, thanks everyone for setting it up.

Any tips on fighting the ticket would be awesome. The officer didn't have my speed locked into his radar gun, so hopefully that will help.

Anyway, here's a panoramic I took before I headed out!

8088965915_0c3469ed10_h.jpg

Full resolution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/superphryxis/8088965915/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Oh, also if anyone has issues with the Sonastands they won at the raffle, like if you need a different size (we have 4 sizes to fit different cases), email me directly: [email protected]

I had to take off before the raffle, but it all worked out, as I was able to get my time sensitive document out before the deadline!

Always a pleasure hanging out with everyone, and meeting the great community that is NSXPrime. I really appreciated the words of encouragement and support you guys gave me after having such a lame end to my drive.

Colin

phryxis get both extensions , then request trial by declaration (requires you to post bail) make full payment, write you're factual version ov the events, which are you did not break the speed limit and wish for the best.
I have been wining for the past 16 years. When you do this the court will request the officer to write his version of the events and since they give out tickets daily it must be imposible to remember the details of the specific event, and I heard they are not to willing of writing a response:biggrin:

Thank you everyone for participating - without the great community of NSX owners these events would not happen.

Thank you to all the companies that donated raffle prizes to the 12th Annual Canyon Drive.

And again a BIG THANK YOU to Honda Performance Development for opening their doors to us on a Sunday and for the tour of their facility.

Regards.
CalCoastal NSX

Even better ask me how easy it is to beat a camera ticket that has a clear pic of you, or maybe not I am thinking of writing a book and make some money off of my ass kicking ninja ticket fighting techniques.:biggrin:
Back on topic, more picks of the drive.

Last edited:
All - this was my first CalCoast drive and an epic memory for sure. Thank you to the organizers for a great event. The lunch and tour at HPD was awesome. Looking forward to all the pics.

Many thanks to John, Scott, sponsors and others involved with planning and executing this awesome annual event. It was cool to meet up and see old friends and the excellent tour at HPD was a real surprise and a great finish to the great drive!

Back