• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

15,000 service coming up

I asked my dealer about the 15K service and he said the only thing that shows is to inspect the air cleaner and change oil and filter. I change oil and filter every 3K miles or twice a year.

He did not mention anything about replacing brake fluid, coolent, trans oil, or anything else. I have an 01.

What maintenance should I make him aware of? I use Jones Acura in Lancaster. Nice folks and they are close. They don't service many NSX's although one of the Jones boys had one for a few years.

MikeC

I am old school and fluids are inexpensive. Your NSX is coming up on 4 years old. I would replace all the fluids and even consider replacing the the fuel filter as well as the air filter. Here are the owner's manual recommendations for my 1994. Your 2001 mileage may vary. :wink:

Air Filter: 2 years or 30,000 miles
Fuel Filter: 4 years or 60,000 miles
Brake Fluid: 2 years or 30,000 miles
Transmission Fluid: 2 years or 30,000 miles
Coolant: 3 years or 45,000 miles

I believe that these recommendations are interpreted as "whichever comes first": years or mileage.

Last edited:
All services are specified for time intervals as well as mileage intervals. As Bill notes, the services for 15K miles are actually specified for 15K miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. The 30K mile services are for 30K miles or 4 years, whichever comes first.

I think this is very simple: If your dealer doesn't think it's necessary to replace brake fluid that's four years old :eek: , I would take it someplace else. For these routine services, I would even trust a competent independent mechanic who doesn't have much NSX-specific experience over an Acura dealer who gives you bad advice like that. (Or, you could drive the hundred miles to Davis Acura in Langhorne, and have Bernie work on it.)

nsxtasy said:
(Or, you could drive the hundred miles to Davis Acura in Langhorne, and have Bernie work on it.)

called three times and left three messages and no return phone calls. I wanted them to install my supercharger but instead choose Tischer Acura in MD. I recieved daily updates and recieved top-notch service.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
instead choose Tischer Acura in MD. I recieved daily updates and recieved top-notch service.
If I still lived in northern NJ, my next choice (and one that's a lot closer than Maryland) would have been Larry Bastanza...

Back