• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

17/18 offset?

Personally I would go with a wider rear wheel, like a 10. But the 8.5 in the rear won't need a spacer because of how small it is, it shouldn't interfere with anything unless it has break clearance issues, and the front should be fine as well, but likewise I would go with a wider wheel, say 8 or 8.5, you could try putting that rear on the front but I think it would stick out about a .25 too far. I work for a wheel company and we've put 18x8.5 with a 44 offset on the front and a 19x10 with a 50 on the rear. These offsets on these sizes line the outside of the wheel very nicely with the fender. Going with smaller wheels you would want to decrease the offset an amount equal to half the change in width as to not stick the wheel too far under the car. So IMO ideal offset on a 7" front wouth be 25 and for a 8.5" rear 31. So I'm guessing .5" or 13mm spacer on the front and a .25 or 7mm spacer on the rear for looks only, not funcionality. If you are buying these wheels, I could make the spacers for you, in whatever sizes you want. Let me know.

Donawonga said:
Personally I would go with a wider rear wheel, like a 10. But the 8.5 in the rear won't need a spacer because of how small it is, it shouldn't interfere with anything unless it has break clearance issues, and the front should be fine as well, but likewise I would go with a wider wheel, say 8 or 8.5, you could try putting that rear on the front but I think it would stick out about a .25 too far. I work for a wheel company and we've put 18x8.5 with a 44 offset on the front and a 19x10 with a 50 on the rear. These offsets on these sizes line the outside of the wheel very nicely with the fender. Going with smaller wheels you would want to decrease the offset an amount equal to half the change in width as to not stick the wheel too far under the car. So IMO ideal offset on a 7" front wouth be 25 and for a 8.5" rear 31. So I'm guessing .5" or 13mm spacer on the front and a .25 or 7mm spacer on the rear for looks only, not funcionality. If you are buying these wheels, I could make the spacers for you, in whatever sizes you want. Let me know.

What width tire are you using with the 19x10 +50mm rear? We run a 265 tire and a +38mm. +50mm is too high, unless you are running a 285 width, in which you may be.

NSX01........Offsets mean nothing until you tell us what tire width will be used. Tire width is where the offsets are determined first.

We just put on a set of Enkei PK6's for a customer. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48937
Here are the specs. (they fit perfect)

17x7.0 +38 215-40-17
18x8.5 +35 245-40-18 <--- he wanted to "err" on "cushion" instead of low profile.

Car feels perfect, no TCS problems, and looks great. You could go with a wider and lower profile rear, but it is totally your choice.

NSX01 said:
The wheels are 17x8 Front, 18x8.5 Rear.

These are not from an NSX are they?

RP-Motorsports is correct... If you run an 8.5" rear then you would want a 7" on the front not a 8".

If you run a 8" front then you'd want to use a 9.5" or 10" rear.

Unless you don't really care about the handling and it is for looks only... If that is the case you could get a set of spacers for the rear to make it fit the guards but you are probably looking at a 35-40mm spacer.

Back