• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

17/18 with wide fenders: Is anyone running a 245/40/17 in the front?

I've seen a couple references to trimmed fender liners. Can someone elaborate? What part is being trimmed? Is it the outer edge that would attach to the tabs on the underside of the fender? I think [MENTION=26776]1K2GO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10363]nsxot1c[/MENTION] both mentioned it.

Thanks.

@scammy Please let me know how they come out and how well they fit. I know they are made to order.
[MENTION=26235]jones83[/MENTION] they arrived today so a quick measurement tells me they are 20mm wider at the middle bolt hole where we measured both from, they are off to the painters so another week before we mount them.
When we measured them my OEM ones were 150mm and these are 170mm here is a photo of my OEM fender

and here is the Advance on the floor

[MENTION=24046]scammy[/MENTION] do you have any more pictures of the fenders? Congrats on getting them in. I can't wait to see how they look. I believe they are the same width as the Cantrell Concepts fenders. You are running 245s with them right?

Thank you for the pics by the way. Really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple references to trimmed fender liners. Can someone elaborate? What part is being trimmed? Is it the outer edge that would attach to the tabs on the underside of the fender? I think [MENTION=26776]1K2GO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10363]nsxot1c[/MENTION] both mentioned it.

Thanks.

Here's where some of the problem lies: the tire touches the rear of the liner even when turning the steering half way through.
This is with a Toyo R 888 in 235/40*17 with 33 mm offset on 17*8 wheels.

DSCF6249_zpsmnlev3k2.jpg

DSCF6251_zpsm1irunfk.jpg

DSCF6254_zpszgdfvko3.jpg

Thanks. I think I may mount my 235/40-17 Dunlop Z2 Star Specs and look to see where it's rubbing. If it is, I'll carefully cut away. My only concern is if it rubs on the fender or liner mounting tabs.

[MENTION=24046]scammy[/MENTION] did you get a chance to mount the tires yet? I'm really curious how much room you have with the new fenders.

going to the painters in about ten minutes they have finished painting them so I can get started, I have a track day on Monday so need to get the whole front end on as you can see
front%20bumper%20repair%20and%20guards%2011.jpg

Painter just sent me this photo so all done

IMG_2787.jpg

Last edited:
You are going to still stay with your 235s or will you try out 245s for the track day?

Parts look like glass. Nice paint work.

Last edited:
You are going to still stay with your 235s or will you try out 245s for the track day?

Parts look like glass. Nice paint work.
unfortunately it will be all chipped again on Monday but hey track car!
235's for now as they are only 3 track days old and Nitto don't do a 245? Fraser runs 245 slicks on his track only NSX and the grip is immense compared to these so yes I would like to go 245. I may have to look at a spacer for the front so will see how they look when they are on, I know my street setup will look strange so may go to 235 Dunlop Z11 from the 215's now.
Just fitting the ducting at present for the brakes and painting the braces that we made for the splitter, so guards are on tomorrows to do list as I don't think I will get them on tonight but will post if i do

I've seen enough proof from pictures to know that they fit under the fenders. I just don't know how well they fit from lock to lock.

If you get a chance I would love to see some clearance pics when you have it all bolted up. Thanks for all the pics so far by the way.

I've seen enough proof from pictures to know that they fit under the fenders. I just don't know how well they fit from lock to lock.

If you get a chance I would love to see some clearance pics when you have it all bolted up. Thanks for all the pics so far by the way.
The guards/fenders needed more modifications than what I am capable of so I put the old guards back on and just finished up the new splitter and brake ducting.
I am going to take the car to someone who is more talented with fibreglass than what I am if I persevered I might have got them on with some cutting and trimming but the track day is in the morning and I couldnt risk spending anymore time on them.

All bolted up and a bunch of photos. I will take some more tomorrow with my 235's on I think it will be easier if i put the photos in a dropbox folder for you so send me a pm and i will send you a link

Sent a PM [MENTION=24046]scammy[/MENTION]

It looks like you are using the fenders with OEM 02+ sideskirts. I was curious if you needed to run Advance sideskirts with it or not.

I have the DF ones and they seemed to fit OK with those it was more trying to get them to fit elseware I gave up and got my panelbeater to do it and get everything aligned better, even the doors needed tweaking and the LHS fender was further away from the hood so we had to realign that to even up the gap.
That all probably sounded worse than what it was but it did need someone who is better at that than me, I thought a folder would be better to share than just flood this page with photos of all the angles you would want. The 215 Dunlops look small but not too bad so the 235 Nitto's will help the look (they also have better offsets)I just have to go get them as the rims are being treated so the rubber and brake dust doesnt stick and comes off quicker.
The good thing is that they still look OEM from the front and with the Route KS side flares on the skirts and the larger DF side scoop I dont think I need to go larger rear fenders which was a concern when I ordered these as I thought it would look out of proportion.

Just looked at the pics. The fenders look great on there. I am definitely going to get a pair. Just debating on what skirts to get now.

Just looked at the pics. The fenders look great on there. I am definitely going to get a pair. Just debating on what skirts to get now.
Mate they do look good and will need my other set up rims and tires to fill it up better so am going to get them now.
The side skirts was a hard decision for me as I didn't want to add body parts but always preferred the 02 look so that is why I just put those Route KS flares on to help the rear look wider to match these front fenders.
My main aim was to run wider front tires and get the get the hot air out of the front with the ducting I am now running to the rotors so I was after function rather than form and don't want a wide body car.
I will be getting some professional shots in the coming weeks and I think after viewing those and living with it for a while it will either look great or I have stuffed up my cars looks :)

@jones83 new photos on folder just installed one side of Advans

20150626_152533.jpg

Last edited:
Those fenders have some good space in them still. 245/45 would definitely work under there.I definitely like them more than I thought I would.

Have you seen these side skirts they would have to be modified to suit http://www.suzuka-gt.net/NSX/hornet/side_stp/index.html
Went for a drive with the Advans with Nittos on and no rubbing on the fender or liners unless on full lock on the inside, took some more photos for you so you can see how we mounted the liners, I also went over some speed humps to compress the suspension and nothing hit so all good. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4i5lkanl4q8hfdj/AACtGIhzvEIwoyNnv2HQGWEIa?dl=0

Last edited:
p1.jpg

164466940b.jpg

b319313adc.jpg

255 / 40 / 17 with advance fenders on 17x9 +22 wheels. If I read right a part of the bumper and fender had to be cut out to fit. First time seeing that size on the nsx.

Last edited:
Back