• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18/19 Tire choices!!!

Bumping. Been a long time since I bought tires. Need some new rubber. What are good options out there now?

I've noticed that the T1R has been mentioned a few times. I think that tire has been discontinued and a new series of Proxes have been released. By the way, anyone here knows if Nitto NT01 and Toyo R888 have the same compound? Some people say these tires have the same compound on a different carcass. I've read that Nitto is a subsidiary of Toyo.

Depends on your setup.

In most 18/19 applications - hands down Michelin Pilot Super Sport. 225/35-18 for the front.

And for the rears please?

These are very popular replacement on the F-type forum, are these becoming the preferred option for NA1/2 over the Advans?

Thanks ....

You can use either a 265/30-19 or a 275/30-19. Unfortunately neither is available in the Michelin Super Sport. Double unfortunate is that there is only one brand that makes a 215/35-18 front and either a 265/30-19 or 275/30-19 rear (per Tire Rack) and it is the Sumitomo HTR Z III. Not sure what is available in the UK.

These are very popular replacement on the F-type forum, are these becoming the preferred option for NA1/2 over the Advans?

Thanks ....
There's only a 285/30-19 rear PSS available that needs a 10.5-11" rear wheel.

I hate mixing tires, but the PS4S comes in a 265 & 275/30-19 that run on 9.5-10" wheels. PSS/PS4S isn't a bad mix if you're going to mix tires. That's still probably the best option for it's category.

Thanks again for you input, although before you continue with the shouting...

It's not a matter of trust. It's a matter of paying to ship 4 tires to Hawaii which is NOT CHEAP and NOT QUICK. So I have to be sure I order the ones I am going to use. If you had to cough up a couple of hundred dollars in shipping, plus wait 7-10 days extra for the shipping and no ability to return it if you didn't want them, you would do the same and make sure you had exhausted your research before making a final decsion.

Yes by all means reinvent the wheel...always works out well

Any one running fullway tires off Amazon
215/35/18
275/30/19
if yes how the they ride quality and road noise …

srsly? get a set of proper tires and ditch these low-budget-thoughts...
the tire is the only thing having contact with the road. there is no reason to do some budget cuts in that areas ;)

if you want front and rear the same make/model, you may try:

hankook v12 evo (i had these)
dunlop sport
yokohama advan fleva

srsly? get a set of proper tires and ditch these low-budget-thoughts...
the tire is the only thing having contact with the road. there is no reason to do some budget cuts in that areas ;)

if you want front and rear the same make/model, you may try:

hankook v12 evo (i had these)
dunlop sport
yokohama advan fleva
Bro can’t find the matching set

Back