• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1970 Chevelle

History of the car:

The car was sold new in San Bernardino, California and remained with the original owner until 2005 at which point a good friend of mine purchased it and brought it to Nashville. The car was completely stock when I bought it from him in 2006 - original paint, all original body panels and completely rust free. It is a true Cranberry Red Chevelle, and it came from the factory with power steering, power front disc brakes, tilt steering and air conditioning. I have 3 build sheets and the Protectoplate. The car has 82,100 documented original miles.

Exterior:

Even though it was a nice original car when I bought it, I decided to restore and it and do some mild upgrades. It was stripped and completely repained in basecoat / clearcoat at a cost of $8500. The bumpers were redone, all the exterior stainless was taken off and polished, the headlight rings were rechromed, all new weatherstripping was installed, as were new door handles, side view mirror and correct beaded outside window wipes. To personalize the car, I added an SS hood, grille emblem and bumper pad. I had a set of Bonspeed Huntington wheels custom built and mounted Kumho SPT tires on them.

Interior:

New seat covers were installed, along with headrest covers, headliner, sunvisors, sunvisor supports, carpet, rear deck cover, rear view mirror, dome light lens, door sill plates and inside door fuzzies. A high quality audio system was also added, consisting of an Alpine head unit, JL Audio amp and 6 Boston Acoustics speakers.

Engine / Suspension:

The car has its original matching # 350 engine, Turbo 350 automatic transmission and rear end. Here's a few items that I replaced or added: Hotchkis lowering springs, heater control valve, control arm bushings, ball joints, shocks, sway bar links, ignition wires, HEI distributor, all hoses and belts, water and fuel pump, thermostat, gas tank, dual Flowmaster exhaust, fan clutch, voltage regulator, brake pads and shoes, wheel cylinders, battery cables, brake hoses, stainless brake lines, master cylinder, re-plated brake booster, boxed trailing arms and an SS rear sway bar. In addition, the air conditioning system was completely rebuilt and converted to R134.

In all, I spent $20,000 just on the restoration of the car (not including the price I paid for the car). The car is show quality and needs absolutely nothing. You can get in the car and drive it anywhere with no issues.

Price: $27,500

For more info, call me at 615-202-3982 or PM me here. Barnman works on my NSX, my Supra and on my son's IS300, and knows the quality of cars I own. I would be happy to take the Chevelle to him to check out if you want.

Here's a few pictures...

IMG_0254.jpg

DSCF3149.jpg

DSCF3175.jpg

DSCF3195.jpg

Last edited:
Back