• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991-1996 Shop Manual now available online! (ongoing project)

I've made available the 1991-1996 workshop manual in an easy to consume format and created a nice bookmarkable website for the community.

http://nsxshop.com/

This side-project involved scraping the index pages and them recoding each line item by hand to be in the proper order, point to the proper links, as well as preserve the indentation shown in the factory manual indexes. This took some time but I find the results to be so useful when working on my own car!

I envision compiling a searchable database using OCR to scan the contents of each PDF page and display possible page results based on a given search term. I will work on the visual aspect of the site over time, but for now, it'll help get your DIY job done. Hope some of you find it useful. If you do, please let me know so I can gauge interest in future improvements.

I would love to include NA2, but don't have the manuals. If anyone has them in a nice PDF format, please provide them.

Nice work!

jwmelvin has provided the NA2 manuals, I'll begin work on converting those soon, but it could be a while before they're ready for prime time.

oddomatik, thanks and nice job. I'll be putting a copy of this on my maintenance memory stick.
A quick request.
Myself and a few others would like to have a copy of the JDM, UK and a few other country spec, NSX, "half staff", aerial relay, (it's located on the aerial motor assembly) and console switch wiring installations amoung other things.
We have had no luck to date after looking for a long time for a copy of any of the manuals.
Any help with a copy or link would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
I have a "Work in progress" searchable database - it works pretty well. I plan on making it a little more integrated and nice looking, adding an updated "browsable" form of the site into it, and adding any requested features I can.

https://beta.nsxshop.com

I figure even though it's not finished, it may help some as it has me. Please continue to let me know of any resources you have such as parts databases, etc that could be implemented. Please also pass any feature requests along in this thread. Thanks!

NICE WORK! Have you considered adding the parts catalog to it? I have the catalog in searchable html format that I downloaded from Dali's sight before it was taken down.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link to the parts catalog and images.
http://www.valiantsracingdevelopment.com/nsx-catalog/Catalog.html

OH SWEET! I'll mull on what I can do with this to modernize it a bit when I do my next round of working on nsxshop.com. Thanks!

Last edited:
Awesome. For long-term preservation, it would be nice if you had a ZIP of the entire site for folks to download to their local device.

I also have a pure HTML and MSSQL version of the early Electronic Parts Catalog (LHD) that would make a good supplement to your site. Brian is hosting the pure HTML version on nsxe-repair.com .

My SQL has been out of commission for over a decade now but I should be able to spin it up if required.

The later versions of the EPS were in Sybase SQL Anywhere and requires password recovery.... Then again there are plenty of current EPS sites to scrape down for tabular data and can be merged with the LARGE diagrams of the fat app EPS. The current online EPS seem to be missing some some obscure categories and have small diagrams.

I have a "Work in progress" searchable database - it works pretty well. I plan on making it a little more integrated and nice looking, adding an updated "browsable" form of the site into it, and adding any requested features I can.

https://beta.nsxshop.com

I figure even though it's not finished, it may help some as it has me. Please continue to let me know of any resources you have such as parts databases, etc that could be implemented. Please also pass any feature requests along in this thread. Thanks!

OH SWEET! I'll mull on what I can do with this to modernize it a bit when I do my next round of working on nsxshop.com. Thanks!

Sounds good. Again, nice work and thanks for taking this on!

Awesome. For long-term preservation, it would be nice if you had a ZIP of the entire site for folks to download to their local device.

I am happy to provide (and have done so) a zip of the original non-searchable HTML version for anyone on this site who requests it. Maybe I'll do a dockerfile for the elasticsearch searchable database with WordPress frontend or something in the future. I will consider posting the HTML version

I also have a pure HTML and MSSQL version of the early Electronic Parts Catalog (LHD) that would make a good supplement to your site. Brian is hosting the pure HTML version on nsxe-repair.com .

Looks like I already have an HTML version of the site, I had kind of forgot about it. Not sure my GIFs are full quality, but they will do for OCR, and I can always scrape if I need later. I'll let you know if I need anything, thanks!

Has this been updated for the 95-96> Links keep showing up not working

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I believe I have fixed it. Please let me know if you are still having issues anywhere.

Last edited:
Nice to know a few people make use of this and thanks for the feedback. Added a link to the parts catalog to nsxshop.com on the home page :biggrin:

This is amazing. A lot of great info.

I spent some time trying to find, but having a hard time locating how to access and test the wheel sensors. I believe the wheel sensor(s) is what's giving me my TCS & ABS light. Is page 19-43 the only section dedicated to the wheel sensors? I appreciate the help.

Back