• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991-1997 Headlight Conversion

They didn't show a side view for one reason, the headlights look like a bubble from the side. There's a large thread somewhere out there, detailing the build of these. People hated them.

This is the thread
cliffopt.jpg

Thanks for the replies and pics. I did ask HID Xenon for more pics but they claimed not to have any. I had hoped that the outer cover would more closely follow the profile of the lamps but it does look like quite a high bubble. I might have ordered them to take a look but their returns restocking fee is 20% ($400)!! - To much to risk to find out if I like them or not.
They didn't show a side view for one reason, the headlights look like a bubble from the side. There's a large thread somewhere out there, detailing the build of these. People hated them.

Last edited:
Not liking them. Just do a full 02 conversion in the front. Atleast it looks stock. They are like super bug eyed lights lol.

Talk about major bug eyes. Those headlights look terrible. Not my cup of tea.

Some of these threads are like "how to completely destroy the look of the NSX"

At a certain point it would seem to make more sense to just buy a different car that has the look one is looking for rather than frankenstein out a classic look.

I have the HID kit for my regular popups on my 1999 and they work fine, so it isnt a function thing.

Last edited:
I actually like the oem popups better - alot better. These guys would be well advised to remake the lens with a lower profile - I bet they would sell a lot more.

From the same thread...this looks much better...

aag.sized.jpg

Back