• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Acura NSX Coupe w/ 84,000 miles for $9k... JH4NA115XMT003008

Anyone have any more info? I suspect salvage title? Rolling chassis?

No offense but if that is all you suspect then you are the target audience for this type of scam. Did you stop to think about why the "private seller" would have a zip code in Manhattan, NY and yet show photos of the NSX in a setting typical of Floridian architecture and vegetation while having a telephone number not in NY? How many red flags do you need....:frown:

No offense but if that is all you suspect then you are the target audience for this type of scam. Did you stop to think about why the "private seller" would have a zip code in Manhattan, NY and yet show photos of the NSX in a setting typical of Floridian architecture and vegetation while having a telephone number not in NY? How many red flags do you need....:frown:

I never said it was a legit deal. In fact if you read my first post at all you SHOULD have inferred that. I posted the topic because when I ran the VIN# on nsxprime, nothing came up so I wanted to make a record of the car so that someone in the future would not be duped as well.

did you also suspect that you lack the gift of common sense:wink:

see above.

I dont understand how scams like these could even work. Anyone who buys a car sight unseen is already off to a bad start....

I never said it was a legit deal. In fact if you read my first post at all you SHOULD have inferred that. I posted the topic because when I ran the VIN# on nsxprime, nothing came up so I wanted to make a record of the car so that someone in the future would not be duped as well.

I did read your first post which is as follows:

Anyone have any more info? I suspect salvage title? Rolling chassis?

I inferred the only logical thing which is that you thought it was a legit deal but assumed that the price was low because it was salvage title or a "rolling chassis". Otherwise, the post would have read something like "here is another scam - beware". That would have made a much better record of the car so that someone would not be duped.

It's easy to explain this. It's some billionaire in NY and he has a place in Fl and he doesn't care about money at all or his wife caught him having an affair and to get back at him she is selling his pride and joy NSX for cheap.

Back