• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Formula Red Hood Emblem

Hello everyone.

The hood emblem on my 91 NSX has a few blemishes. I ordered a new one, and noticed that the emblem has 2 posts on each side.

Has anyone replaced one. Any advice how to pop it out and install? Thanks in advance.

The badge has metal "push nuts" on the back side of the bumper that hold it on in addition to the adhesive. You choice is either pull so hard the badge posts break off or remove the bumper to get to the back side of the badge.

When installing the new badge I'd recommend leaving off the push nuts and just using the adhesive tape that comes with the badge, that way removal is much easier if you ever have to do it again.

Last edited:
Be ready to spend some time on it. I just replaced my badge and left off the push nuts but it took a couple hours of working the old adhesive as it was hard as a rock due to age to remove it. Heat, Goo Gone and a plastic razor worked for me as thats all i had available.

The badge has metal "push nuts" on the back side of the bumper that hold it on in addition to the adhesive. You choice is either pull so hard the badge posts break off or remove the bumper to get to the back side of the badge.

When installing the new badge I'd recommend leaving off the push nuts and just using the adhesive tape that comes with the badge, that way removal is much easier if you ever have to do it again.
What a genius idea. I like it.

Back