• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX Berlina Black/Ivory JH4NA1155MT001120 94k Honcho's NSX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): 1991 NSX
FULL VIN #: JH4NA1155MT001120
CURRENT MILEAGE: 94,518
COLOR (EXT/INT): Berlina Black / Ivory
TRANSMISSION: 5 speed manual
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): Denver, CO
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.):pM me or ppp5150 (at) hotmail.com or call five 1 six - four 2 three - 2 two two 3
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $45,500 OBO

I can't believe I'm doing this, but my NSX is for sale. You all know how much this car means to me, but now that I have my second child, it's time to move on to a car with 4 seats. Many of you have asked me over the years if this NSX ever would be available and now, sadly for me, it is. Over the almost 8 years of my ownership, I have meticulously restored this beautiful Berlina Black 91 to factory-new condition. As my daily driver, I wanted a perfect NSX driving experience and I spared no expense to get the car that way. It's story has been well documented on Prime and only the best have touched it under my care: LarryB, ChrisW (Flatirons Acura), Shad, MichaelM (Mile High Acura). From the brakes to the suspension to the engine and transmission, virtually every single mechanical item on the car has been replaced or refreshed with new parts from Honda or upgraded with factory parts from newer NSX models. This NSX drives like it just left the factory floor and you will not find a more solid example of a 91 anywhere.

As far as mods, you all know I am a OEM freak so I tried to keep the mods as tasteful and invisible as possible. Looking at this NSX, you'd never know all of the great stuff that is underneath, from the BC suspension to the JDM gears to the titanium exhaust. It looks stock, but drives like a Type-S. I probably have gone further than anyone (except maybe Mitch) in replacing parts- I even replaced bolts that simply looked too rusty/old. If you want to experience a NSX that is fully up to date on everything, this is the car for you.

I have a folder full of every single receipt for every part and service on the car going back to the day it was delivered from Acura. I also created an excel spreadsheet itemizing all of the service history, which I will include in the sale on a thumb drive.

I am willing to let it go for $43,000 without the titanium exhaust. I will put the OEM exhaust on the car for you in this case.

Additional Information (providing it here will save you answering these questions 50 times)

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 4

CLEAN TITLE? Y

CLEAN CARFAX? Y

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS) Yes. Original owner backed into a light post in 1992 in a parking lot and damaged the rear quarter panel. Edit: Autocheck revealed another accident I was not aware of. In 2008, the previous owner backed into a parked car and again damaged the driver rear quarter panel. While there is no record of the repair, it was very well done because I cannot tell it was ever damaged. The only clue is rusted mounting bolts in the trunk compartment, indicating the paint had been broken and bolts removed.

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS) Yes. Driver's rear quarter panel was replaced and repainted in 1992. I also suspect the front and rear bumpers were re-sprayed at some point in the car's life, but there is no record.

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION? Yes. I have a FULL maintenance history going back to the car's first service in 1992. I have every single receipt in a folder and an electronic maintenance record, which covers it all.

In 2012 (86k miles) I had the full timing belt and water pump service done, along with the following “while I was in there”:
Harmonic Damper
A/C Idle Pulley
Every single rubber o-ring and seal on the engine
Cam Plugs
Cam Seals
Science of Speed LMA kit
Belts
Thermostat
Oil Cooler Hoses
Rear Main Seal
Front Crank Seal
Spool Valve Gaskets
Etc...

This car has only seen Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since I have owned it and has had its oil changed at the proper interval (documented) since 1992.

As many of you know, the car had a full top-end rebuild by Acura in 2012 as a result of a leaky head gasket. Thus, it now has brand new head gaskets and bolts, along with new valve seals. You can read about it here.

I also fully overhauled the intake manifold and throttle body while the engine was out. You can read that here.

Finally, I fully overhauled the brakes and installed the 2001+ ABS system in 2014. That info is here.

You can also reference my general restoration thread here. I put new ivory leather on the seats and black carpet.

LarryB installed the JDM gears and NSX-R diff and, during that service, he also refreshed the entire transmission. Any worn synchros, bearings and shims were replaced, including the troublesome countershaft bearing.

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL. TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS:

Tires: Fronts are at 50%, Rears are at the wear bars and need to be replaced.
Brakes: Fully overhauled in 2014. Like NEW.
Belts: All replaced in 2012 during timing belt service
Hoses: All replaced by LarryB (including overflow bottle and cap) in 2008. Main engine bay hoses replaced again in 2014 as part of engine service.
Suspension: Installed new suspension in 2012. Approximately 10k miles on new shocks.
Fluids: Clutch and Brake fluid are less than 12 months old. Trans oil is at 14 months (24 month interval). Engine oil is due to be replaced in April.

MODS (Are stock parts included in the sale?) See Below

Pride Headers (60mm Fujitsubo style)
Pride 300 cell High Flow Cats
Fujitsubo Super Ti titanium exhaust
JDM Gear Stack (2nd, 3rd and 4th)
NSX-R Differential
BC Racing Type BR Coilover Suspension w/ Swift spring upgrade. Set to NSX-R ride height. See review here.
2002+ OEM 17” wheels powdercoated silver metallic.
Momo Tuner 350mm Steering Wheel
Science of Speed Oil Pressure Regulator Upgrade
Science of Speed door speaker panels
Pyle PLG6 Component Speakers
Kenwood MPC-418 head unit
Alpine SEC-8063 Security System with fuel cut and coded disarm
2001+ OEM Antilock Brake Upgrade
Dali Racing Stainless Brake Lines
Hawk HPS brake pads front and rear
Koyorad 36mm Aluminum Racing Radiator
4600K HID Headlights
Comptech Sway Bars (19mm)
Dali Racing Brake Air Deflectors
Dali Racing Radiator Shield
KSP Engineering Cabin Air Filter Kit

STOCK PARTS INCLUDED IN SALE:

Factory 1991 Exhaust
Factory 1991-94 Cats
Factory 1991-96 Manifolds
Spare Tire and Bracket
Complete Trunk Toolkit
Stock Brake Air Deflectors

PICTURES (Note: these were taken before the ABS upgrade and Super Ti exhaust)

DSCN1921.jpg
View attachment 121264
View attachment 121263
View attachment 121265
View attachment 121266
View attachment 121267
View attachment 121268
View attachment 121269
View attachment 121270
View attachment 121271
View attachment 121272
View attachment 121273