• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX coupe Black/Ivory 5-Speed 109,000 mi JH4NA1154MT002310

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Black
Interior color:
Ivory
Odometer:
109,000 mi
VIN:
JH4NA1154MT002310
Price:
65000 OBO
Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
Yes
Owners:
Seller Information
Dealer:
No
PM
Maintenance Information
Fully documented maintenance history. I bought the car in 2014 and live in the next town over from Larry Bostanza, so for the first few years until he retired Larry was the only person I would have work on this car. He did the 90k mile service, timing belt, master/slave clutch cylinders, and axle rebuilds right when I got it back to NY in 2014. In 2017 he did the clutch, throw-out bearing, and replaced all 23 coolant hoses throughout the car. After Larry retired I started to take the car to Colin O'Brien at Friendly Acura in Middletown, NY. Colin is a fellow NSX Primer and NSX owner as has always helped me take great car of the car. In 2021 I had the cluster sent off to Brian Kiehnau over at nsxe-repair.com to have the capacitors replaced and a failing diode replaced as the speedometer was starting to fail during extended periods of driving. It came back in flawless condition and in fully functioning order. The car has had to have some body work done on it throughout the years, since I've owned it the only shop to work on it has been done by the one and only Joe Lomoriello and his shop "Vince's Autobody".

Window regulators replaced 07/1996
Brake Master cylinder 08/1999
Window regulators replaced 11/2000
Bose speaker rebuild 06/2001
Body damage repaired 06/2001 - $400
Timing belt, water pump, clutch, snap ring trans case 08/2004
A/C retrofit for R134, replace climate control computer 05/2006
Hood/front bumper/headlight covers/passenger door/passenger rear quarter panel all painted 09/2008
Bose amps replaced 11/2008
Clutch master cylinder replaced 09/2009
Front end repainted due to rock chips, Xpel installed 11/2011
Timing belt, water pump, 90k mile service, clutch master/slave cylinders, axle boots 10/2014
Drivers side rear quarter, rear bumper replaced and painted 06/2015
Clutch, throw-out bearing, all 23 coolant hoses 06/2017
Front bumper cover repainted due to rock chip, Xpel reinstalled 06/2017
Gauge cluster electronics repaired 08/2021

A friend and I drove this car and my S2000 to California from NY for the 2021 Honda Homecoming event. This car performed flawlessly, the only issue that it had was the clutch and brake pedal switch stoppers ended up crumbling away on the drive. We stopped at a Honda dealer along the way and picked up new ones so they should be good for another 30 years. I also have the OEM wheels and cover for the car too. Actually, I have a lot of the OEM parts for the car still. The shocks were replaced with Bilsteins and I have the stock ones. The exhaust tips were replaced with new model year ones to update the look so I have the stock ones of those too. The lip is a replica Shine one, I have the OEM front lip mounted on my wall if you want that.

Now on to the bad:
The is a small hairline crack on the top of the radiator, it had it the entire trip to California and back without an issue, but you might want to keep an eye on it. The ABS pump was running pretty frequently and I was told by Larry that it would probably need to be replaced. I haven't actually done that job as it's not a necessity in my eyes so I just have had the relay out to stop the pump from running. And as hard as I tried to keep the paint perfect, there are still little chips here and there. It's not bad, but the trip to California, even with the Xpel, still left it's mark on the car.

Here is a link to the pictures of the car and the accident it had where the quarter panel and rear bumper were replaced. https://imgur.com/a/s0urFM0

Details
-Body damage repaired 06/2001 - $400

-Hood/front bumper/headlight covers/passenger door/passenger rear quarter panel all painted 09/2008

-Front end repainted due to rock chips, Xpel installed 11/2011

-Drivers side rear quarter, rear bumper replaced and painted 06/2015

-Front bumper cover repainted due to rock chip, Xpel reinstalled 06/2017

Last edited:
Beautiful car! I'm assuming those are Prodrive wheels? What color were they painted? They just seem like the perfect wheel for the NSX. GLWTS.

Beautiful car! I'm assuming those are Prodrive wheels? What color were they painted? They just seem like the perfect wheel for the NSX. GLWTS.

They are indeed the Prodrive wheels! They are the British Black (gunmetal) ones, 17" front and 18" rear. Thanks for asking!

I am interested, and located nearby in New Haven CT- I apologize, as my previous account was removed from inactivity so I cannot PM- could you email me? ericalexander2112 @ gmail.com

Thanks!

Interested here. Just recently sold my 92 and very much regret it. Hoping to find a replacement soon. New account as well so can't get in touch with you. Can you text me? 425-399-245six

Hey all, sorry for the late replies. The vehicle sale is currently pending, I'll update if it falls through or not. Thanks for replying!

Car sold to R2112 for $62k. Thanks everyone for the interest and messages. And thanks NSXPrime!

Thanks for your interest, but I wasn't interested in starting a bidding war. I went with first come first served, and the man that messaged me first showed up with an offer that I was happy with. Better luck next time.

Back