• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX coupe Black/Ivory 5-Speed 72036 JH4NA1157MT002009

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Black
Interior color:
Ivory
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA1157MT002009
Price:

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:
4?

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
email [email protected]

Maintenance Information
See item description - I do have the service records Pikes Peak provided me going back to 2010.

Details
Some of you who know me are familiar with this story by now but I've been an owner for some time now on my journey to find the perfect NSX (for me, we all have our dreams) and along the way I've come across a number of cars all getting me closer to what I want.

I'm happy to tell anyone who wants to know the full story, just give me an email and we'll talk on the phone but bringing us to this car - I bought this car in Colorado a few months ago with only a few hundred miles fewer than it has now. I thought this was my final NSX and had already purchased several thousand dollars worth of parts to modify it.

After having the car for about ten days I had a message from a friend with a link to a craigslist posting in Denver (I'm in Boulder) for another 91 NSX with 42k miles. I purchased it for a friend thinking he would take it but when he changed his mind (I couldn't let the car sit because someone else would have picked it up) I had two nearly identical 91 NSX and one needed to go. Fast forward another few weeks and a 97 MCB that had been neglected a bit came up for sale 30min from my house with 47k miles. So now there are 3 NSX at my house and while my loving fiance is incredible, I really need this car gone. I had every intention of keeping it for years and years (which if you know me, says a lot about the car).

Here's what I know.
72k miles
I have a clean carfax
I registered it in CO and paid tax on it (I was planning to keep it...)
I had a PPI done at Pikes Peak Acura (happy to provide that)
Chris at Flatirons Acura here in Boulder said the car was good after I bought it (he's incredible)

The car has comptech headers - that is the only mod I'm aware of.
I have checked the transmission number for snapring issue and it is not in range. I can provide the number if you'd like it.
The clutch is "very stiff" as noted in the Pikes Peak report - As Chris and I agree, I would change the clutch and was planning to. It's not that I'm 6'2 and 154lbs that is the issue, it just needs doing unless you're way tougher than I.
The TB/WP I believe were done in 2009 but when looking at them, we agreed there was no rush to do it again as the belt looks perfect - at most that was 10k miles ago.
The AC runs cold and has been updated to the newer refrigerant R12 to R134 if my memory serves? There is a sticker on the inside of the front bay that shows it.

The paint is in good condition throughout with the exception of the front aspect of the front bumper which shows some standard rock chips, nothing I would write home about but I like full disclosure.

The wheels in the picture have been changed - they are now the Enkei TSP6 as a local guy I met at Flatirons was searching for the OZ wheels the car came with. I do have the Work Meister S2R in the pictures, if you want them let me know.

The leather is in good condition with the exception of a small mark, not sure I'd call it a tear in the driver seat. There's a picture.

I think I covered everything but of course ask questions if you have them. As I said, I bought this car with the intention of keeping it, I'm looking for a good home for it and for someone to pick it up. My intention was never to sell it again.

Car is now listed on Autotrader.

Last edited:
Back