• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX Cowl hole cover above the strut tower Can't find part number

Hi everyone,

On my days off I've been trying to enjoy driving my NSX again thanks to NSXPrime members. Always awesome.

Tonight I opened the front hood again. I noticed that one of the hole covers on the passenger side was missing from I believe its the cowl area. Well its the plug that covers the center hole above the strut tower. (see photo) I went on the web and couldn't find a part number or area on the parts diagram for these covers.

Does anyone know the part number or section of the factory diagram I can find it? I plan to order some maintenance pieces this weekend.

Thank you in advance.

IMG_2477.jpgIMG_2477.jpg

When you get a new one, apply a little dab of silicone seal around the edges to help prevent it from popping out in the future. As I recall, if you press down on the cowl it can flex enough that the mounting bolt pushes up on the cover loosening it. When I bought my car 10 years ago both sides were missing and the silicone seal has kept the replacements secure since.

When you get a new one, apply a little dab of silicone seal around the edges to help prevent it from popping out in the future. As I recall, if you press down on the cowl it can flex enough that the mounting bolt pushes up on the cover loosening it. When I bought my car 10 years ago both sides were missing and the silicone seal has kept the replacements secure since.

That’s a good idea.

Yep many of us track folks lost those when we went to adjustable top mount shocks..

Back