• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX Road-Rage Generator

Apparently the previous owner of my rescued NSX (he did his best to destroy it...I've done my best to restore/make it better) installed a Road-Rage Generator in the rear bumper. Every single time that I drive my NSX (with Antique plates btw), just trying to get from Point A to Point B...multiple people have to demonstrate to me that they have "won" the race that we aren't running. I'm just venting, but this is what happened this morning, in Virginia:

* Driving to a motorcycle dealership, lady in Lexus SUV does everything in her power to to get in front of me on a parkway. Weaves in and out of traffic, cuts people off, etc. Crazy. I continue to mind my own business and eventually she flies by me...as I exit right 200 meters down the road.

* Later on the same drive, lady in a MB SUV does the same thing on a different parkway.

* On the return trip, I'm driving in the "slow" lane and a guy in an F-150 blasts past me, cuts into my lane, turns right on a sweeping right-hander (the one I was taking) and almost loses control as the back end of the unloaded truck drifts wide.

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to control this idiocy, and I refuse to not drive my NSX. Strongiy considering front/rear video cameras but...I shouldn't have to do that... :mad:

I'm just curious...is this type of behavior happening to anyone else?

You're describing regular type of cager. Nothing to do with nsx, or maybe very little when you encounter weak humans.

I have a front and rear camera in my NSX precise because of these inattentive people on the road.

I am probably extra-concious of everything around me when I'm driving my car, but I could swear that it is a magnet for tailgating...like EVERY car behind me is trying to steal my license plate...

I am probably extra-concious of everything around me when I'm driving my car, but I could swear that it is a magnet for tailgating...like EVERY car behind me is trying to steal my license plate...

These ‘plate’ thieves are ever present this side of the pond too ...

Seems like I too may be investing in some cameras ... spoke to my insurance company about this and they advised that a high percentage of motoring prosecutions in the UK are a result of dash cam footage being submitted anonymously ... definitely food for thought as the likely hood of one of these fine people getting extra close is scary ...

Back