• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX Yellow/BLK Comptech style widebody 53k miles JH4NA1152MT001091

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): 1991 NSX
FULL VIN #: JH4NA1152MT001091
CURRENT MILEAGE: 53,105 (photos of dashboard with 52k were taken a number of months before)
COLOR (EXT/INT): Yellow/Black
TRANSMISSION: Manual 5 speed Not in snap ring range (also when replacing clutch, confirmed nothing wrong with snap ring or transmission).
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): San Jose, CA
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): PM
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $ 35,000 OBO

Carfax:
I have a fairly recent AutoCheck Score report. It scored "58" out of a top score of 62. I can email to anyone who inquires. Clean title.

Additional Information:

NUMBER OF OWNERS: ____ I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner bought the car in 1992 with 16,278 miles on it.
I bought the car in November 1998 with approximately 36,400 miles.
From that point on until today (approximately 14 years), I have only put on less than 17k miles. I own 7 cars, many of which I've owned for years (one of which is a 1991 silver NSX- I'll definitely remain a long time member of NSXPrime), so this car was rarely driven. In addition, when it was getting the widebody kit installed, it sat at the bodyshop, undriven for almost 21 months.

CLEAN TITLE? ____Yes

CLEAN CARFAX? ____Yes

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS) ____ see below

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS) ____ Yes. In the mid2000's, I took the car to a driver's education course at a track, and spun the car 180 degrees into a tire barrier but not at a fast speed. Luckily because they were rubber tires that flexed and not the concrete wall a hundred feet away, the left rear fender, bumper, spoiler, and taillights of the car were damaged, but it was only cosmetic. As a matter of fact, I took some blue painters tape and taped it up so that I could drive it for the rest of the day and the next, so the damage was not remotely serious. There was no structural frame damage. However, this gave me the opportunity to make a change to the look of the car, thus the widebody.
The color is a custom color that was taken from the base Rio Yellow color code. It looks kind of like a mango yellow (not canary).

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION? I have the maintenance history of the car from when I owned it (which is not much for the 17k miles. Just a handful of oil changes). I think I might be able to dig up the previous owner's records as well.
Replaced clutch in 2001.

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL. TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS

Rear tires have less than a thousand miles on them (probably about 80% tread left), front tires have about equal amount.

The Timing belt and water pump have not been replaced, so need to have that done (this has been factored into the price of the car, as I would have priced it about $2k more if I had it done recently).
A/C needs to be charged.
The windows move up very slowly, particularly the passenger side.
Left side bolster of driver's side seat is worn away
Fixed CCU by BrianK earlier this year.

MODS if any (Are stock parts included in the sale?)
-Comptech-style widebody.
-Comptech-style spoiler that matches kit.
-18" wheels in the front, and 20" wheels in the rear. The wheels are FORGED not cast, and look just like the Volk CE28's. The owner of the wheel company also had a widebody NSX, and wanted to make these custom wheels for his car, but couldn't do just a one-off, so he had about 20 sets of these wheels created. It has a gunmetal finish on the spokes with polished barrels. The rears have about a 4" lip. The rear does not require spacers, but the fronts each have a 25mm spacer.
-K2 adjustable coilovers.
-EBC slotted and dimpled rotors.
-Aftermarket HID headlights.
-USA Spec standard adapter (not iPod/iPhone) installed underneath center storage bin, and headphone jack cable comes out of the slot where the parking brake is located.
-Carbon fiber shifter knob.
-Mesh engine cover.
-Mesh grille in front center intake.
-Engine compartment firewalls were painted black.
PLEASE NOTE THAT COMPTECH EXHAUST SHOWN IN PHOTOS DO NOT COME WITH THE CAR. Stock exhaust has been put back onto the car.

PICS OF EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR (MORE THE BETTER)
My car is posted on the Hottest Widebody pre-'02...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164464&highlight=hottest+widebody

bdd18a17.jpg

f6c9c234.jpg

aebfa95d.jpg

ca3870ab.jpg

22da0660.jpg

2a1c2665.jpg

ede6c065.jpg

43d73248.jpg

77d13da6.jpg

bbc5d9fb.jpg

a3b190da.jpg

40c3875f.jpg

9ba8c240.jpg

0f795378.jpg

e8c56227.jpg

9ba8c240.jpg

00dbb3d3.jpg

b3cc6c24.jpg

019a6fb4.jpg

0a4666ee.jpg

9ec1397e.jpg

196caba5.jpg

bb1a6605.jpg

e0d540ed.jpg

0be221c1.jpg

8f225949.jpg

0b8360d5.jpg

ae1b975f.jpg

5f1bc74a.jpg

dcc71aa8.jpg

f12070c3.jpg

Hello all,
I am a long-standing member of NSXPrime and of the San Francisco Bay Area owners. After months and months of toiling about this, I have finally decided to officially put my car up for sale.

The car is a "Monet"... looks great from far away, but up close, one can see all the little details that keep the car from being showcar pristine. Along with the TB/WP as well as the Bugaboo window fix and/or greasing the tracks, some minor paint/body work will need to be done to make it perfect. For instance, you can see the very fine cracks that occur with almost any fiberglass bodykit. There are some drill holes near the door footsills that can be covered with a plate or bondo'ed, and other miscellaneous things. Therefore, I have priced it as such. Otherwise, if this widebody car was in perfect condition, for a car with these low miles, it would be priced well above $40k.
I have put easily over $15k in the car for the parts, paint, labor, wheels, etc. into this car. However, I am selling it for a little above what an excellent example of a 53k stock NSX would be, and the owner would be getting all the widebody parts and labor and wheels for essentially free. Please PM me with any questions you may have.

Thank you,
J.

Last edited:
Bump.

Emphasis on Best Offer.

Bump.

Last edited:
Bump.

Last edited:
Bump.

Bump

Bump

Bump.
Emphasis on Best Offer.

Monthly Bump.

Bump.

Bump

Happy Holidays bump.

Bump

Bump

Bump

Last edited:
Bump.
For those inquiring about why I have the car listed for a long time...
I wasn't motivated to sell my car, fellows, to be honest, as my wife forced me to post this ad after I bought another car.
That's why I did not budge on my price from those who have contacted me with offers. However, I am motivated to sell, as my wife wants to buy an SUV for herself.
Submit me an offer and we can discuss, especially since the weather is getting great and the summer is fast approaching.

Update:
I want to note that the billet aluminum gas cap is missing. It fell off the car when I had taken the car to a Bay Area NSX meet.
The stock Bose stereo also seems to have diminished in sound level recently.

I'm happy (and sad) to say the car is SOLD!
Congrats to the new owner, whom just joined, but I believe will be a strong contributor to the NorCAL chapter and Prime.
Thanks very much Prime!
Please close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back