• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 Berlina Black/Black 5-speed ‘02 conversion JH4NA1157NT000987

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBX

Contributing Member
Year: 1992
Exterior color: Black
Interior color: Black
Transmission: 5-speed manual (in snap ring range)
VIN: JH4NA1157NT000987
Mileage: 55,741
Title: Clear
Number of Owners: 3
Price: $66,000 obo

I am listing my Berlina Black/Black ‘92 manual coupe. I am the third owner and have owned the car for close to ten years. I purchased the car from the previous owner in Texas and had it shipped to the East Coast. It holds a clean title and there is no known accident history or title issues. The transmission is in snap-ring range, however the case was inspected at 51k miles with no noted issues but the pricing is reflective of swapping the outer case. Since owning I have driven the car only sparingly as other life events simply got in the way of enjoying the car as often as I would’ve liked and an upcoming retirement this Spring has finally sparked the sale. I have put approximately 4K miles on the car during my ownership and will miss it greatly.

Modifications:

The majority of the modifications are cosmetic as I’ve always wanted a facelift coupe and went about the process of a full external update. The car was shipped to Source One Auto in Maineville, OH where Jeremy and his team have completed the conversion. OEM parts were used almost exclusively with the exception of the ducted hood and headlight adjusters. Final assembly is now being completed and is anticipated by January.

Modifications are as follow.

Exterior
-02 OEM Headlights with HID kit and aftermarket headlight adjusters to avoid needing to cut the frame for installation.
-02 OEM front bumper and all brackets
-Authentic JDM front fenders
-Downforce ducted hood with matching scoop
-OEM side skirts with door panel inserts
-Authentic JDM rear quarter panels
-OEM rear bumper with updated rear valence and all new brackets/hardware
-02 OEM taillights
-02 trunk sub-spoiler

The entire car was repainted in original Berlina Black given the amount of panels replaced and this was handled by a body shop in Ohio under the supervision of Source One.

Interior
-Kenwood double din stereo with fiberglass aftermarket center console (I forget the brand)
-Aluminum shift knob
-Alpine four channel amplifier (mounted behind passenger seat).
-Alpine two way component speakers mounted in stock door location.
-small sub mounted under dash in factory glovebox. This was completed by the previous owner in 2010 and something I’d intended to replace as I would prefer to have a glove box. I have the factory glove box pocket which is included in the sale and easily swapped out.

Suspension:
-BC coilovers. Installed while at Source One and brand new with zero miles

Wheels/Tires:
-18/19” Volk GT-V wheels in great condition.

Engine:
-Aftermarket polished air intake
-Pride V2 exhaust-brand new with zero miles

Stock parts included:
Also included are stock ‘92 hood, oem ‘92 wheels/tires, and extra oil filters.

Service:
-Clutch was replaced by the previous owner with a new OEM unit just prior to my purchase.
-All routine service has been completed over the years and I do have some of the service records from the previous owner.
-Brake rotors/pads were completed at 46k miles by previous owner.
-Timing belt was also completed by previous owner within the past 10k miles, however due to the age I am having Source One complete the timing belt/water pump service prior to the sale and this is included in the asking price. The car will be fully serviced prior to leaving the shop so any other items needed during the process will be covered.

To Do/Still needed:
- The leather on the seats are a little dry/brittle. Leatherique would most likely do the trick but I had planned on installing new leather seat covers with perforated centers if I were to keep the car.
-door panel clips. Like pretty much every other early NSX some of the lower door clips have been broken over the years. I would recommend replacing either with the new MITA versions or a set of factory pieces.

I am asking $66,000 or best reasonable offer and am happy to answer any questions. It is located in Maineville, OH and I am more than willing to assist with shipping. I have included a few photos of the car during the conversion process and have requested additional photos from the shop. I’m also happy to provide pre-facelift photos as well. I will update the thread with additional photos once received from the shop.

Attachments

• 2EA4E7C7-1EE8-4D81-8955-47CE0CBCF4E2.jpeg
    2EA4E7C7-1EE8-4D81-8955-47CE0CBCF4E2.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 81830D42-ABA3-4D27-AB76-D52B16A23ADD.jpeg
    81830D42-ABA3-4D27-AB76-D52B16A23ADD.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 22A76489-A94F-43B7-A1FC-EA8F0D2ECFAB.jpeg
    22A76489-A94F-43B7-A1FC-EA8F0D2ECFAB.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 66691BBB-AF8C-4311-B5B4-C0D084CF168E.jpeg
    66691BBB-AF8C-4311-B5B4-C0D084CF168E.jpeg