• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 nsx shifter box

***MODERATOR NOTE***
Moved to the correct forum. [MENTION=37095]Isaiahb97[/MENTION] the MT shifter assembly for the NSX is unique to the car and differs from LHD to RHD. I'm sure with a CNC and enough time/$$$, you could get a different shifter unit to fit, but who knows if the geometry will line up with the transmission shift forks?

What is wrong with your 92's shifter? Replacement parts are available to repair it.

I've also wondered why an upgraded billet shifter box isn't a common option in the aftermarket for an NSX. Then I think and realize.. I'm so happy with the stock one there probably is little demand for one? Amir with RS Future (Time Attack NSX) uses an aftermarket shifter box but I forget from where. He's also on a K swapped and a dog box (IIRC) so that application is totally different.

I’ve assembled the car with the oem shifter, what aftermarket options do we have? Thats the right question:biggrin:

I think the issue is that the NSX's shifter is so good- no one has really bothered to try to replace it. That's why several other supercars (Ford GT as mentioned above) have tried to make theirs as good as the NSX. :D

Thus, it seems you should try to experiment with other units (maybe the RSX?) and see how it goes. Post any updates here!

I’ve assembled the car with the oem shifter, what aftermarket options do we have? Thats the right question:biggrin:
no aftermarket options that we're aware of, but you can contact the K-swap NSX guys as I know they retrofitted a shifter into the NSX, I think out of necesity for the swap. They're more active on IG than here.

Back