• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1993 NSX coupe Red/Black 5-Speed 150,xxx mi JH4NA1159PT000606

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Red
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
150,xxx mi
VIN:
JH4NA1159PT000606
Price:
39,000 OBO

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
Yes
Owners:
Unknown

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Maintenance Information
All services are up to date and the car functions & drives flawlessly. I'm happy to take the vehicle to SOS for additional PPI if desired & arranged by a prospective buyer.

Notable service history:
  • Timing belt/water pump/coolant hoses @Science of Speed (6/2015, same service as was done on my 1997 NSX, plus all belts/hoses/fluids/rubber engine parts were replaced)
  • Front brake pads replaced (6/2017) by SOS
  • New BFG g-Force Sport Comp-2 tires (7/2017, thread)
  • New Costco battery (9/2019)
Known issues (that didn't bother me enough to address):
  • Trip meter stopped working during my ownership and won't rotate properly (I usually reset the meter after fueling, but it got stuck a while back, and I was unable to fix it by pressing the reset button)
  • There is a crack in the dash as is common with Gen 1 NSXs (photo)

Details
I am an avid NSX enthusiast and have owned multiple NSXs. I am only placing this one up for sale due to a need for the garage space.

Mods:
  • Cedar Ridge Fabrication lightweight crankshaft damper pulley shield (also replaced the pulley with newer one from 1997 NSX)
  • Comptech exhaust (I have the OEM “Battlestar Galactica” oval tips exhaust)
  • Fumoto quick oil drain valve (original drain plug in glove box)
  • Center console and door trim repainted by SOS (post)
  • 7 spoke wheels (I have the OEM fat 5 spokes)
  • 25mm H&R spacers (on rear wheels)
  • Tinted windows (legal AZ limits)
  • iPod adapter
  • Battery Tender Jr. installed (info)
  • Panavise dash mount
  • Sharktenna II
Known accident history:
  • In 2016 a truck backed into my NSX at the Scottsdale Pavilions car show, resulting in damage to the hood, bumper, passenger fender and headlight. :mad: Fortunately there was no frame damage, and the other party's insurance company (State Farm) paid for the repair using OEM parts (including $3000 hood shipped from Japan) at Elwood Body Works (high end Scottsdale body shop). See photos in link below.
  • Previous owner claimed that in 2007 a motorcycle sideswiped the NSX and the passenger door and mirror were replaced.
Other:
  • I had PPI done by Science of Speed after purchase (including compression test)
  • Link to PPI report (note: it mentions a passenger side axle grease leak, but SOS wiped off the grease and monitored it for further leaks, and none were observed, so an axle rebuild was not needed)
Photos (newest to oldest): https://imgur.com/a/VrM48fj

Carfax report (from 7/2012 when I took ownership): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pPtJ9X-m0lGwlev3HYguuTKGzENgZT6K

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back