• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1995 NSX-T Spa Yellow (4SP) [Oz]

Hi Danny

I looked at the car for a fellow Aussie guy in Tassie here is my email i sent Gunther.

"had a look at the car yesterday.

Hate to say but its in very poor condition. The exterior of the car does'nt look good. It has had a number of paint jobs with the paint not matching in a number of area's. The front and rear bumpers are cracked and have been spray painted over.

The interior unfortunately in not much better. The drivers seat has parts of it that has collapsed and the leather is in poor condition. The rest of the interior just looks average.

I said to the sales guy, yes its being sold by a small time used car lot, that the car has had a hard life he said thats why its below $50k.

At this stage i didnt go for a drive however if you would like me to then just let me know.

Having said all this if you are perpared to spend some money on it say $6-8k then it should scrub up.

Oh yeah it has a non standard muffler not a great one though.

I hope this is of some help."

Les

If the cosmetic aspect of the car doesn't look good, wonder what's going on in the engine bay? Nonetheless, $45K + ($6-8K) is still a pretty cheap price for an NSX. Thanks for the quick reply!

Danny

d00r14n said:
If the cosmetic aspect of the car doesn't look good, wonder what's going on in the engine bay? Nonetheless, $45K + ($6-8K) is still a pretty cheap price for an NSX. Thanks for the quick reply!

Danny

What's that quote from the movie "the Castle"...

6-8K... "He's dreaming !!!" (Not meaning you Les! :wink: )

Look, to remove replace and repaint one bumper is $2,500 and that is assuming it is not damaged! (there is 6hours labour involved. these NSX's are not Ford Falcon's... They are assembled properly!)

However, since the bumpers are cracked, they will need to be replaced at $2200 each (not including any other associated parts!)

A decent re-paint is in the order of 7-10K (10K if you need to strip the old paint off)

Leather seats to repair expect $1,000 each if the leather is ok. $1500 each if you need to replace the leather at the same time or $4000 US for new ones)

From Les's description (and my experience been on my 3rd NSX now) this car will take around $20K to fix up cosmetically!

And then your right... What about the other stuff you can't see! Like the engine, underbody etc...

If your not in the car repair business.... Stay right away!

Just my humble opinion...

Michael I total agree the cost of repair I estimated was gross inadequate. To be honest I didn’t even go for a drive in the car I couldn’t see myself driving a car which has been so mistreated.

I agree with mike... :cool: i didn't read all he wrote, but i still agree with him. ;)

If you're like Dippy, and you are going to mod it inside-out, this is a bargin. Cosmetic defects are not an issue for modders. I would be more concerned about the clutch and service history... if this poor baby has been neglected.

Personally I wouldn't be so worried about the engine... it's a tough little sucker. If the NSX can withstand having a Twin Turbo attached AND survive AU_NSX's driving, it can withstand anything short of a direct nuclear strike. :biggrin: :biggrin:

btw, in the photo the drivers seat doesn't appear to have the tell-tale signs of wear & tear all NSX's get from sliding in and out of the car.

I would not be too worried about the clutch Neo...........being an auto and all that.........:biggrin:

dam and i was going to chop off the roof and make an Australian version of Ice T'c convertible. :biggrin: :biggrin:

But alas it is a auto so turned me off. LOL

just wondering how much do you think this dealer will let the nsx go for??

im not worried about paint or interior, mainly about motor.
Also the cheaper the better as im going to play with it any way.

thanks

Cartoon i'll have a word with John tomorrow and see where's he at with the price.

Les

NSX-SA said:
Cartoon i'll have a word with John tomorrow and see where's he at with the price.

Les

Thanks mate
im looking for one as cheap as i can get it, total make over :)

Sorry Cartoon car has been sold to someone in Melb. apparently soon after it was advertised ( months ago ).

Good luck in finding another one.

Les

Unfortunately no but it would have to have been less than here was asking

Yeah ive been here but just hiding and lurking around keeping out of the way.

Thanks for asking though :smile:

Back