• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1996 NSX coupe Green/Black Automatic 81500 JH4NA1261TT000424

1996 NSX coupe Green/Black Automatic 81500 JH4NA1261TT000424 SOLD!

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
Automatic
Exterior color:
Green
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA1261TT000424
Price:

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
[email protected]

Maintenance Information
All up to date

Details

** SOLD on 4/17/2021 ** Thank you Prime!

1996 Acura NSX coupe in Brooklands green over black leather with a SportShift 4-speed automatic transmission. After the introduction of the NSX-T targa in 1995, the coupe could be special ordered again in 1996, which was the last year of the NA1 engine code generation. This coupe is one of only four coupes imported into the US. The other coupes were two Berlina black (one manual and one automatic) and one Gran Prix white automatic. Only 34 Brooklands green cars were imported in 1996 out of a total 508 cars. Automatics account for about 8.5% of all 8,949 NSXs imported to the US and Brooklands green NSXs were imported from 1994 to 1996 with a total count of 264 or around 2.9% of all colors imported.

I purchased this NSX with 60k miles in January of 2018 from a McLaren dealer in Colorado. They purchased the car from the original owner making me the second owner. The Carfax shows no accidents but at some point the previous owner ran over something that damaged the radiator bracket (which was professionally repaired) and required a repaint of the front bumper (which I only discovered when the front end was repainted). I purchased the car and had it shipped to Tennessee where is used it to commute to work adding about 15k miles over two years. In late 2019, I decided to make some upgrades to the car and to stop using it as a commuter. Currently the car has around 81k miles on the odometer.

Since purchasing the NSX, all maintenance has been regularly performed according to the factory recommendations including a valve adjustment in 2018. All work has been handled by Accurate Automotive in LaVergne, Tennessee. The timing belt and water pump were replaced in 2017 just before my purchase (I have documentation from the dealer that performed the work). I have a binder full of service records covering all work done during my ownership. The NSX has been completely reliable and only left me stranded when the transmission failed (see below).

The following modifications were made to this NSX within the past two years. No original parts remain with the car unless otherwise noted.

Repaint of the front bumper, hood and front quarter panels by Azad at EZRepair in Nashville (one of the best paint shops in the Southeast). His specialty is color match and blending and you cannot tell the front was repainted.

Full paint correction and 9-year GTECHNIQ ceramic coating by Chris Martin followed by Xpel full front coverage (including mirrors) by Eric Witt of Tru Shine Nashville.

Science of Speed 02-05 style forged wheels installed – 17x7.5 +45 fronts and 18x9.0 +36 rears in BMW silver with Rays lightweight lug nuts and Yokohama Advan tires.

Stoptech 4-piston calipers in yellow at all four corners with slotted rotors and street pads. Also includes Stoptech stainless steel brake lines.

KWV3 coil overs.

Comptech headers and carbon fiber airbox. Downforce carbon fiber air intake scoop. Pride V2 exhaust with quad tips and high flow catalytic converters (easily passes Tennessee emissions). Minimal drone, but that is very subjective. The exhaust sounds loud and exotic on WOT.

Complete transmission rebuild by Level 10 transmission (www.levelten.com) with both the bulletproof transmission and torque converter. The rebuild was completed in July of 2019 and is rated to support 500HP. I had my dealer remove the transmission, crate it and send it to Level 10 in anticipation of installing a supercharger or turbocharger someday. The transmission has been flawless since installation.

Repaired the climate control board, EPS power amp and aspirator fan through Brian at NSX e-repair.

GROM Audio Apple interface added which allows you to use your iPhone through the factory radio on the CD changer input. Radio and speakers work perfectly and sound great.

The front windshield was replaced in 2018 after an object hit the windshield on the interstate and a long crack developed. The glass was not Honda glass, but aftermarket and has been flawless and looks great.

Replaced rear hatch and trunk struts.

Installed aftermarket remote door lock/unlock package that includes 2 remotes and works perfectly. This system plugs into the factory wiring harness.

The car will come with a collection of small parts accumulated through Rock Auto and a Covercraft Noah cover. Also has Zanardi charcoal floor mats with red stitching in good condition. And comes with four keys including one Titanium key.

Known issues:

After repainting the front bumper, but before installation of the paint film, a piece of construction debris hit the lower part of the bumper and made a deep 2-inch scratch in the paint. This was touched up before applying the film, but it is very obvious.

There are a few scratches in the paint that could not be buffed out.

The left rear wheel has curb rash that has not been repaired.

The plastic cover on the passenger doorsill has broken tabs. It is in place but will come off if brushed with your foot when entering or exiting the passenger seat.

There is a slight vibration in the brakes. It does not affect performance but has not been addressed.

The factory antenna was removed and replaced with a S2000 antenna, but it currently does not work so the radio cannot pickup AM or FM stations.

The driver’s seat has bolster wear that is through the leather. It is a small spot but has not been addressed.

Attachments

• IMG_6666.jpg
    IMG_6666.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_6664.jpg
    IMG_6664.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_6661.jpg
    IMG_6661.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_6659.jpg
    IMG_6659.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_6656.jpg
    IMG_6656.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,040
Last edited:
Price lowered to $59K

My NSX is now sold to a prime member. Thank you and congratulations to the new owner.

Last edited:
Back