• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1996 NSX-T Red/Black 5-Speed 80,100 JH4NA1185TT000249

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX-T
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Red
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA1185TT000249
Price:
$83,000

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
513-478-3794

Maintenance Information
Mostly all original with no modifications. Original owner had it 25 years and did all the work, all documentation will be included in the sale.

Details
SOLD! This is a really nice NSX. I have had it only since the spring of this year. Everything works as it is supposed to. It drives amazing. The AC blows cold. The clutch and brakes are great. This price also includes the original car cover, floor mats, and a dealer service/repair engine bay cover. See link for more photos here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1CE5v7KpTpXOZLqdHss-5D2u_fpGYiPBV

Original Owner did the 90,000 mile maintenance at 68,000 miles. Included replacing timing belt with updated timing cover, water pump, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, spark plugs, all coolant hoses, and adjusting valves. I have all receipts. I have all special Acura tools needed for the service along with the Acura Factory Service Manuals.

Attachments

• IMG_7137.jpg
    IMG_7137.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 1,939
  • 80_WindowSticker_Keys.jpg
    80_WindowSticker_Keys.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,964
  • IMG_7141.jpg
    IMG_7141.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 1,954
  • 65004522896__3D864E8E-8B7C-49E3-BC80-DE8EF7248D56.jpg
    65004522896__3D864E8E-8B7C-49E3-BC80-DE8EF7248D56.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 1,961
  • IMG_7171.jpg
    IMG_7171.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 1,957
  • IMG_8127.jpg
    IMG_8127.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 1,974
  • IMG_8128.jpg
    IMG_8128.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 1,938
  • IMG_8129.jpg
    IMG_8129.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 1,959
  • IMG_8144.jpg
    IMG_8144.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,941
  • IMG_8258.jpg
    IMG_8258.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 1,949
Last edited:
[MENTION=37222]derektye[/MENTION] since you are a new member this thread is currently under "moderation" status...I will approve it but fair warning, BaT may reject your auction/sale if this Ad goes public. Do you still want me to approve it?

a 6 month dream....

I see.....

Only looking for real buyers... Reasons for selling are not relevant. Thanks for letting me know early on before answering endless questions then finding out you aren't serious.
Seriously. Thanks!

Lack of candor makes this smell like a flip so I’m not interested any longer.

Only looking for real buyers... Reasons for selling are not relevant. Thanks for letting me know early on before answering endless questions then finding out you aren't serious.
Seriously. Thanks!
When you bought the car, your closing comment was "God is good". Your attitude, in response to a question, as to why your selling it, isn't good. Nothing wrong with saying "I can make a quick profit", but your avoidance of the question, makes the entire sale, "suspect".

God is Good!

Yes, God is Good! Regardless of why I decide to sell a car. The car is even nicer than when I bought it. It will stand on its own with a vehicle inspection to a real buyer. It is funny how this thread is going. I have my theories....Good luck to all of you....This is a two way street, buyer and seller come to a common price and terms. Its also funny that I could make up a legit sounding reason why I was selling and that would be better than keeping it to myself. Or I could say I wanted to make a few dollars. Whatever...GLWYS

When you bought the car, your closing comment was "God is good". Your attitude, in response to a question, as to why your selling it, isn't good. Nothing wrong with saying "I can make a quick profit", but your avoidance of the question, makes the entire sale, "suspect".

Yes, God is Good! Regardless of why I decide to sell a car. The car is even nicer than when I bought it. It will stand on its own with a vehicle inspection to a real buyer. It is funny how this thread is going. I have my theories....Good luck to all of you....This is a two way street, buyer and seller come to a common price and terms. Its also funny that I could make up a legit sounding reason why I was selling and that would be better than keeping it to myself. Or I could say I wanted to make a few dollars. Whatever...GLWYS

You are going about this the wrong way. Two very well respected members of this community were just looking for a little more transparency and you, rather than kindly replying that your reasons for selling are of a personal nature that you'd rather be kept private, were dismissive and honestly disrespectful. This community is one of the few car communities that really looks out for each other and likes to help each other out but will always call a spade a spade when they see it. It is disappointing to see you are in a position where you have to sell a car that you were so enthusiastically happy about purchasing 6 months ago, we can all feel for that. But to be rude to people that may have had real interest in the car is poor form. GLWS, and you're welcome for the free bumps thus far.

I'm glad that the vin is here and this thread is searchable......prime is good...

He kept the car longer than my car's two previous owners. One kept it and drove it 100 miles, and next one 2 miles total with sole intent of making a profit. Each time, the price went up by about $20k. My car sold at Barrett Jackson for $76k in 2020, then $97k on BAT this May. Then at a dealer, it was listed for $115k...It must be written somewhere in an investment forum. Real enthusiasts sadly suffer from all the flipping as I did since this just seems to drive up the price of these cars. Not only are "investers/flippers" buying these up and reselling, you have the real enthusiast demand that's greater than ever.

we are fine with profit margins..fomo drives a lot of stuff..but don't veil your flip with smoozie etherial gobligoop...just flip it be proud of the profits if you have buyers willing to pay up...

So here we go....I reached out to the former seller before posting this ad and made him aware of my reasons for selling. He knows what I paid, what I invested into the process, shipping, the taxes, my time, detail, new tires, wheel refurbishment, service, etc. So if it sold for asking I might make a few $ in the process, mainly due to the excellent quality of the car, the color combo and the current demand for great examples. Am I trying to flip a car to make money? No.. I have much better things to do with my time and money. So there is no need question my integrity. Selling is the decision I have made with the things I have going on in my life and family. My personal reasons for wanting to sell this car are no ones business on this forum page thread. No justification on why I desire to sell is needed. I am an honest person, it is an honest car and at an honest price ( I think). I looked back over the posts and replies here and these most reasonable people would see they are not representing a friendly community. I know real NSX owners in my own community who are very friendly and helpful. I also let them know that I was considering selling. They know me and were very supportive. But, here, in this virtual world, everyone needs to know everyones personal business for some reason.

Just FYI, If I was afraid of people "finding me out" I wouldn't use my name (and my reputation) or post back into a group that I bought the car in. I understand you can look up old threads. I have nothing to hide. Please think about that. You can decide to consider this for future posters, I hope. In many ways, a prospective buyer (or potential NSX enthusiast) reading this forum page before purchasing a car will most likely determine that this community does not have the high friendly standards that you claim. I have done nothing wrong and if someone thinks I was rude then they may want to go back and read everything top to bottom. Actions speak louder than words. It is a shame, really. I had hoped for better. Maybe the thread will make a turnaround for the better or if not maybe I will just remove it to save everyone the headache that has been created.
Thanks for those of you who see this for what it is. I definitely did not expect this....
Derek

I guess you belong to the school, that the greatest defense, is a strong offense. You've been offensive, and like I said, nothing wrong with making a quick profit. Like NSX_noob said, you're going about it the wrong way. If it's personal reasons, that are forcing the sale, nobody here, is against you, we all hope for the best, and nobody is wishing you harm, physical or financial. You need to take a deep breath, step back, and get an attitude transplant, as the one you have been utilizing, is just all wrong!!!

I am relatively new here, but I have read every word of this thread several times, and as far as I can see, the only folks who have been somewhat "rude" and "offensive" (for no obvious reason) have been the folks attacking this seller, who has said absolutely nothing wrong, and has displayed absolutely zero "attitude."

What is wrong with you guys?

Maybe the seller doesn't like the car as much as he thought he would. Maybe he's looking at another car. Maybe he has a non-car need for the money. Maybe he wants to buy Tesla stock at an all-time high. Maybe he's selling all his material possessions and going to hike to Alaska and live briefly in an abandoned school bus.

What difference does it make?

(Disclosure: I note that the seller lives close to me, but I do not know him, never met him, in fact, I've never heard of him until reading this thread.)

Obviously, some folks keep some cars for decades, and some sell them quickly. I've done both.

I may well sell my perfect 2005 NSX next year and make a bunch of money and buy a Lotus Emira. Not because my intention was to make a bunch of money on the NSX (although there's nothing wrong with that), but because after seeing a BaT buyer pay $180K for a near-identical car, I am now VERY reluctant to drive my car- simply because it is worth so much! (Yes, I know, it's a good problem to have.)

So anyway, ease up on this dude. Looks like he bought a nice car six months ago, and has now decided to sell it. What's wrong with that?

We try to educate buyers and sellers both..this thread has gone off the rails as many do on open forums, but the main point of the first response was to alert buyers to the price action.

We try to educate buyers and sellers both..this thread has gone off the rails as many do on open forums, but the main point of the first response was to alert buyers to the price action.

I'm not following you. "Price action?"

The price 6 months ago and the current ask....you have good points in your response.

I don't think the seller could have been more transparent, in the first paragraph he clearly stated "I have had it only since the spring of this year."

(And with only 11 posts, it's simple for anyone to quickly discover the link for the ad when he found the car.)

But what does that matter? Is there a rule that when members offer a car for sale they must disclose when they bought it and how much they paid for it?

Do moderators get to decide what is a good price and what is not a good price and warn the public accordingly?

Is anyone surprised that the asking price today is more than it was six months ago?

Is there something wrong with a seller asking whatever price they decide to ask?

Is there something wrong with a seller refusing to engage with another member who is trying to start an argument?

The seller is the good guy in this thread, who calmly and politely deflected undeserved arrows from more than one bully.

I can sort of understand both sides of the argument here. We all have reasons for taking either side of the argument. I bet centerpunch is also contemplating about selling his car now that the prices have soared. Once that line of logic sets in, I can see why he is defending the seller. It makes it difficult to enjoy the car when the value is going up. It’s no longer a driver but turns into a collectible car. OGs of the forum are likely more hardcore about the NSX, lifers…and love driving the NSX regularly and with mentality of F the resale value. I understand people shouldn’t care why a seller decides to list the car but maybe we were curious as to why a dream car is on the market 6 months later at first that turned into the mess here? Definitely a seller’s market though either way.

Seller has been up front and honest from his original post. Personally I don’t see the big deal, it’s not up to us to determine why someone is selling unless it’s an obvious flipper. Seller hasn’t shown any sign of him being a flipper. He’s driven the car more in 6 months than many of us have in the last 5 years.

Seller has been very professional with the handling of the for sale ad. It’s a free market, I don’t see anything deceitful here. GLWS

Back