• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1997 NSX - swapping factory exhaust

Hello
First time post, bought a 97 NSX in Nov of last year and love it, but wanted some more noise and went with the recommended stainless exhaust. Once removed the factory and started to mount the new exhaust, the O2 sensor is in the way...any suggestions? I know you will want name of exhaust, but cant think of but was highly recommended by Prime forums and came from Japan Purchased thru Facebook but since deleted my account and can not remember name. Thanks!!!
imagejpeg_1.jpgimagejpeg_0.jpg

First off, WELCOME and please do post in the 167-page (and counting ;-) Michigan "check in & spotting" thread as well;

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...g-by-blodi-pt-2/page167?p=2033659#post2033659

That is a tough interference with the O2 sensor (thanks for the pix), are their shorter sensors available?

It would be a pain but not impossible to have a shop move the sensor location on the Stock cat, or perhaps they are positioned slightly differently on Aftermarket cats?

I'm sure the MI crew looks forward to meeting you and your NSX, what part of the State do you live in?

Thanks, will do, any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First off, WELCOME and please do post in the 167-page (and counting ;-) Michigan "check in & spotting" thread as well;

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...g-by-blodi-pt-2/page167?p=2033659#post2033659

That is a tough interference with the O2 sensor (thanks for the pix), are their shorter sensors available?

It would be a pain but not impossible to have a shop move the sensor location on the Stock cat, or perhaps they are positioned slightly differently on Aftermarket cats?

I'm sure the MI crew looks forward to meeting you and your NSX, what part of the State do you live in?

I think the best option would be to mark where you want the sensor moved to (keeping in mind wire length/routing), remove that catalytic converter, and take it to a shop to have them weld on a new bung and cap the old one. It shouldn't be much more than $100, not stainless steel so quite simple. They might have to cut another hole in the heat shield as well.

Where the sensor is now will definitely break the wires, and reportedly an unlucky short in the O2 wiring can also damage your ECU. If you have trouble removing the sensor then the shop can do that too, or you can have it removed and replace it with new as preventative maintenance.

Attachments

• 20190829_160105-copy.jpg
    20190829_160105-copy.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 63
Back