• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1997 NSX-T Kaiser Silver/Black (Onyx), JH4NA2163VT000225

Status
Not open for further replies.
1997 NSX-T
Kaiser Silver Black (Onyx) interior
VIN JH4NA2163VT000225
47,785 miles

This car enjoyed two meticulous Prime owners (supra2nv and kreh) before I purchased it in April of last year. It was simply the most pristine Kaiser Silver NSX I had seen and it was truly loved by the gentleman I purchased it from. I have lavished the same attention on the car but also have only driven it 1,200 miles since buying it. It has never been driven in the rain, never suffered any damage or had any paintwork, and has always been stored covered in the garage. There are no dents or dings.

All scheduled maintenance has been done. The timing belt, water pump and cam plugs were replaced ahead of the required service date as a preventative measure by the previous owner. He also had the cooling system serviced, replaced the coolant hoses, and had the air conditioning system overhauled. I have had the oil changed oil three times (Mobil 1) and changed the clutch, brake, and transmission fluids. It has a new battery, all new tires (along with a 4 wheel alignment), and has recently passed the CA smog test.

The car retains a very stock look but has some nice modifications and additions. These include Bilstein shocks, Comptech headers, Taitec GT Light Weight exhaust, cold air intake with stock airbox, HID headlights, NSX-R chassis bars and sway bars. Also installed are a short shift kit and the Zanardi shift knob. I changed all of the interior lights to LEDs for a brighter and cleaner look. A GPS tracking device is also hard-wired into the car and hidden away in case of theft.

My biggest update was to have a new audio and navigation system professionally installed by the best shop around. I am not into extremely loud, bass-filled stereos but wanted something that would be a modern update to the original setup and provide crisp and clean sound. My directive was that the entire original system be able to be reinstalled easily at some point in the future. Thus, the original wiring was left intact and in place and I have the entire system boxed for the next owner. I even went so far as to purchase a new pre-cut center console from SOS to preserve the original piece.

The centerpiece is a top-of-the-line double-DIN Kenwood touchscreen audio/navigation head unit. It was installed so well as to look like it could have been done by the factory. All of the speakers have been updated but everything was done to maintain a very stock appearance while still offering Garmin navigation, CD/DVD playback, IPOD connectivity, Bluetooth, and even a back-up camera. I spent a considerable sum on this installation but the best part is that it is completely reversible should the next owner desire an absolute stock setup.

The car runs and drives fantastically and basically feels like new. Everything works properly and it needs absolutely nothing to be done by the next owner. The trunk and rear hatch struts have been replaced and function well. The a/c blows cold. The interior looks fantastic with almost new matching silver trimmed mats and very little bolster wear on either seat.

The only negatives are some small rock chips (I bought the Dr.ColorChip Touch-Up Paint Kit recommended here on Prime but haven’t tried it out – it will go with the car), a very small (one inch) section of curb rash on the right rear wheel, and some scrape marks on the front spoiler lip from my steep driveway (I have a new one still in the box and this will also be included).

I have the original window sticker, all of the keys, remotes (with leather covers), manuals, etc. that the car came with as new. All of the servicing receipts are in a folder. Will also include tons of extras – the original audio system mentioned above, factory workshop manual, NSX branded car cover with carrying bag, a California Car Cover NOAH weave cover (more suitable for outdoor use than the standard cover), extra unopened oil filters, two basically new rear tires, and whatever else I can find.

This is my second NSX (I also sold my first on Prime) and I have been torn over whether to sell it or not. I haven’t put enough miles on it to justify keeping it and I have recently purchased another sports car. I am not in any rush to get rid of it. I also am not in any kind of desperate financial position so PLEASE do not call me and ask what my ‘lowest price’ is without even taking the time to come and see the car. You will be more than pleased with the condition of the car. $42,000 obo. Please email at [email protected] and I will get back to you without delay.

NSXT01.jpg

NSXT04.jpg

NSXT03.jpg

NSXT05.jpg

NSXT07.jpg

NSXT13.jpg

NSXT15.jpg

NSXT18.jpg

NSXT02.jpg

NSXT09.jpg

NSXT08.jpg

NSXT10.jpg