• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1997 Nsx

I've been lurking on ebay for awhile just to look at NSXs that other people are selling. I've noticed that there are always little to no '97 models compare to the other years. Does anyone know why?

I guess because they made very few cars from 97 on. I mostly see 91-96 and then some 2002+.

I think I probably look on ebay for the past couple of years now, and I see people selling the other models years, just little to no 1997s. Could it be that because 1997 is the 1st year for the 3.2L, and those who bought it new are not willing to part with it? I guess that is probably it.

I have no answer either. I have been looking at ebay almost daily for 4 years and 97 are rare.

RyRy210 said:
I've been lurking on ebay for awhile just to look at NSXs that other people are selling. I've noticed that there are always little to no '97 models compare to the other years. Does anyone know why?
'97 models comprise less than 4 percent of NSXs sold.

but wouldn't 98-'05 models be even less? I see those model years on ebay from time to time, but when compared to the 97, it seldomly appears on ebay. This phenomenon has baffled me for quite some time, and when I checked ebay today I just had to ask to see if anyone else had an opinion.

RyRy210 said:
but wouldn't 98-'05 models be even less? I see those model years on ebay from time to time, but when compared to the 97, it seldomly appears on ebay. This phenomenon has baffled me for quite some time, and when I checked ebay today I just had to ask to see if anyone else had an opinion.
Each model year would be less than '97, because the sales are slightly less. However, the chances of seeing a '98-05 (any of those eight years) is a whole lot greater than the chances of seeing only a '97.

I suspect that the newest models ('02-05) might appear more frequently because (a) new cars are being put up for auction by dealers who are having a hard time selling them, and (b) two to three year old used cars are coming off lease, and again, are being put up for auction by dealers as lease returns.

I bet, if you kept track of the number of unique cars being put up on eBay, you would find that the numbers of '98 cars, and the number of '99 cars, and the number of '00 cars are each about as low as the number of '97 cars...

I have not had the same observation. I have seen 1997s quite steadily and in fact my 1997 NSX was from eBay. It probably is seasonal.
Steve

Trying looking for Zanardi's that are for sale. The 97 will start to seem as common as a Civic! :biggrin:

Back