• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 Formula Red/Onyx JH4NA2161WTOOO94

VIN: JH4NA2161WTOOO94
Current mileage: 62,000
Color: Formula Red exterior with Onyx interior
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Price: $53,000

Number of Owners: Me and one other individual
Title: Clear
History of Accidents: None. Car Fax available
History of Paint/Body Work: None
Maintenance History: I have records and maintenance history in three ring binder.

BACKGROUND:

I am the second owner. I’m over 60 years of age and I purchased this car in October of 2001 when it was three years old .It was originally a leased vehicle and had about 18,800 miles. I have also owned vehicles that range from a 1963 Corvette, Lotus, Austin Healy’s, early MG’s, a 1968 Camaro Z-28, and another NSX when I lived in Europe for three years. I’ve always owned nice cars and treated them accordingly. I’ve been extremely active in the NSX community in terms of meeting with other NSX owners and those interested in the NSX, via NSXPrime.com with over 4,000+ posts on that web site.

There were a total of 225 NSX’s produced for U.S. distribution in 1998. This is one of 29 red/black combinations produced during that year. The car is number 94 in the 1998 production line.

Current mileage is 62,700 miles and very slowly climbing. It includes a trip from San Francisco to Raleigh, North Carolina and back (5,696 miles). So I drove 43,900 miles in total which is an average of 3,600 miles per year. Currently, I drive the car less than 40 miles per month, hence my reason for selling it. It costs me $200 per month to park it in my building’s garage in San Francisco plus my insurance. I live in Pacific Heights in San Francisco and really have no need for a car. That being said, please note, I am NOT desperate to sell the car.

I have an Acura Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection report conducted by a NSX Tech at Serramonte Acura on September 20, 2012 detailing that all aspects of the vehicle are excellent. I also have a clean CarFax. NO accidents and clear title. As you’ll see when viewing the photos, the vehicle is in concourse condition inside and out. I believe it is one of the cleanest NSX’s you’ll ever see. Note the photos of the front compartment, the engine compartment, perfect interior, totally corrected paint exterior, wheels and the aluminum suspension and undercarriage.

ENHANCEMENTS:

The majority of enhancements, excluding the wheels, painted brake calipers, slotted disk brakes, tinted windows and Shark antenna can’t be noted. The car looks extremely stock.

Zanardi floor mats (black with Zanardi red NSX logo and Zanardi red trim) plus an extra set of floor mats that have never been used.

35% window tint on driver and passenger side windows.

Factory six disk CD and changer installed in the trunk.

Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) meaning products only available for the NSX in Japan via Honda and not imported into the United States: NSX-Type S suspension with approximately 2,000 miles. Not as stiff as the NSX-R but more stiff and more responsive than a stock U.S. model NSX. (A REAL hoot to drive)

Red with the NSX logo painted silver front and rear calipers. These were also rebuilt at the same time in 2010. (At approx 60K miles) Less than 2,000 miles on brakes and pads.

New Hawk brake pads, StopTech slotted rotors and StopTech stainless steel braided brake lines installed at the same time along with DOT4 brake fluid.

Science of Speed fully adjustable front and rear anti-sway bars.

Enkei aftermarket wheels, 17“ on all wheels versus 17“ and 16“ on original specs. Four new Nitto 555 tires with less than 50 miles since installation. 255/40ZR17 rears. Fronts are 225/45ZR17

Custom made engine cover that allows the engine to be viewed without exposing any wiring. (See photos)

Black custom made indoor Coverking “satin stretch” car cover, cable and lock, storage bag and Coverking duster. The car has always been garaged but still covered while in garage. (This cover is for indoor use only)

K & N High Performance Air Filter (K & N 33-2713) September, 2012 with lifetime guarantee.

New battery installed February 9, 2013.

Electronically amplified Shark antenna

CCU Board repaired by Brian on NSX Prime in 2010. Air conditioning blows ice cold at all speeds.

Trunk struts replaced 2010, like new.

High and Low beam Xenon headlights installed 2010 by White NSX (Steve) from NSX Prime.

22.5K, 30K, 37.5K, 45K, 52.5K and 60K maintenance services were completed by a certified NSX tech at either Gold Coast Acura in Ventura, California where the first NSX in the United States was sold, Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, North Carolina or Serramonte Acura in San Francisco.

The 60,000 mile service which included timing belt/water pump/cam plugs/spark plugs/valve adjustment completed by a certified NSX tech at Performance Acura, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

I have all service records and receipts in a three ring binder as well as owner‘s manual.

Non-smoker, never been smoked in.

Complete original tool kit in trunk along with electric compressor tire inflator which is tested annually.

I also have a number of NSX memorabilia to be included for the right price. For example hard bound books, brochures, a wooden NSX box, etc.

EXTERIOR:

A Condition. Always professionally detailed and was used as an example on NSX Prime as to how to professionally detail a car by a professional detailer. It was a six day detailing process. The body is perfect with the exception of a few rock chips on the nose. Other than that, there are no dings, scratches, scuffs, swirls etc on the car. Not driven in the rain. Check the photos of the undercarriage in terms of detail as well as the interior and exterior photos of the wheels. The engine, front bay, trunk and undercarriage are cleaned with Ps15S TAW, SW wheel brushes and q-tips.

Car shows like new. Waxed with Swissrwax Concorso. (Able to provide opinions from professional detailer(s) and other NSX owners in terms of exterior.) Also note the total paint correction and lack of swirls in the photos as well as the lack of scratches or defects in the plastic in the photos of the tail lights.

INTERIOR:

A-. There is a nick on the center console (lower driver’s side) that is perhaps the size of match head. Other than that, there are no issues to note. Interior and exterior always professionally detailed, carpets shampooed, leather conditioned, vents brushed with mink bristle brushes, etc.. No fading, rips, tears or sags in the leather. Masters Protection cream used for leather as well as Leather Masters Trio 303 Protestant for non-leather.

OVERALL MAINTENANCE:

Royal Purple oil used with WIX oil filters or NSX short filters. I switched from Mobile 1 because Royal Purple is higher rated.

Complete fluid flush and Acura Blue radiator fluid installed on September 20, 2012

New fuel filter installed at Acura dealership on September 20, 2012

Master cylinder for clutch replaced September 20, 2012

All maintenance and service requirement have been completed according to Acura recommendations and are up to date. Again, I have records of maintenance and service history.

I’m pleased to provide references of current and previous NSX owners that can attest to car’s condition, maintenance, and my driving habits.

Contact me at [email protected] via email, pm me on NSXPrime.com (dtrigg). We can communicate by phone if things progress.

Please, serious inquiries only. Test drives available to those that have the ability to demonstrate financial ability to purchase the vehicle (aka NO joy rides!)

I do not have any of the factory parts for the car. It simply didn’t make sense for me to store them, nor did I have space to do so.

This is an exceptional vehicle available for a very discriminating buyer.

Can assist buyer arrange shipping.

Click here for full 52 picture gallery.

8680200868_761bb5a0cd_b.jpg

8680203964_39efdd14bc_b.jpg

8680202840_4fcd75b1b0_b.jpg

8680203264_b5f348590a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back