• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$20,000 officially available on 2021 NSX

when is that type Subtle coming....:wink:

The face save....

Is there minimal amount that you have to finance to get this?
Also, is there a minimum time before pay-off? I hear that there is no prepayment penalty but at least 90 day hold period?
Thanks

FWIW......

Regarding American Honda Finance Co:

Recently purchased a 2020 MDX. In order to get incentives had to finance w/AHFC. The
savings were considerable v paying cash.

After creating an online account - took about 20-30 days for it to be activated & as soon as it was,
got the payoff amount & wired funds to pay off. Total interest charges were under $20.

Regardless what a dealer may tell you, there was no pre-payment penalty. I believe by law they cannot
enforce a minimum time you have to keep before paying off.

Took 2 months to get the title, but eventually happened. Not sure if it was because of AHFC or WA State DMV.

Is there minimal amount that you have to finance to get this?
Also, is there a minimum time before pay-off? I hear that there is no prepayment penalty but at least 90 day hold period?
Thanks
Most stores will ask that you keep it for 3 months to avoid a potential charge back for the incentive money.

I think the pre-payment penalty varies from state to state.

Let me just say that I'm a little surprised Acura stuck with the $20k incentive. I really expected them to drop it to $10k with the expectation sales would stay pretty much the same (I don't know that $10k more off a $150k-$200k vehicle is really going to shift the supply/demand curve that much). Then next year they could do away with the incentive, presumably also with another MMC of subtle enhancements, and have shifted the market expectations to sticker price.

Let me just say that I'm a little surprised Acura stuck with the $20k incentive. I really expected them to drop it to $10k with the expectation sales would stay pretty much the same (I don't know that $10k more off a $150k-$200k vehicle is really going to shift the supply/demand curve that much). Then next year they could do away with the incentive, presumably also with another MMC of subtle enhancements, and have shifted the market expectations to sticker price.

As you noted, I presume reduction or elimination of the incentive would coincide with some sort of refresh and more power. May be next year?

Last edited:
Word out of Japan is there are significant changes coming next year. Inventory will be kept low to prepare for this. Program lead and development from Japan.

How high was inventory to begin with? I'm as hopeful as the next guy that Acura will continue investing in the NSX, but that smells like an unsubstantiated rumor.

what is your source?

^ I don't like what he did, makes the back end a busy mess.
well, we have an idea of what the real one will look like.

Word out of Japan is there are significant changes coming next year. Inventory will be kept low to prepare for this. Program lead and development from Japan.
Likely changes coming.

its a special order car, how low do they have to keep the inventory? lol. It not like its 2017 where we had a crazy number of cars on lots.

HaHa fomo is the new sales strategy

If you consider that many of the new or newer cars coming from Acura have a similarity in the switch gear layout used in the NSX, there is no reason to stop manufacturing the car. The general theme associated with the NSX is also being used across the board for the other models. Also the factory has the ability to manufacture other vehicles so costs can be spread across other models. It makes them special which when you think about it is an important marketing element. While Acura might not sell a lot of NSXs the car helps sell other vehicles. The big costs for the NSX are already spent and can be amortized over the upcoming years and models. I do expect some mild changes to the facia front and back. Perhaps some updates on interior appointments are also possible. As a community we would all lose if Honda/Acura stopped manufacturing the NSX. I doubt there would be another ICE effort given the electronification movement underfoot.

Trickle down is a good thing with a halo car. In the future I predict there will be 2 major powertrains..all E, and a hybrid with a smallish turbo 3-4 cylinder mostly recharging extending range. I expect 1000hp from most higher end models as battery tech improves.

Hopefully NSX will live on, even in lower volumes. It seems like Nissan GTR has remained substantially unchanged since 2008. So perhaps, Acura may keep the same design for awhile longer.

I'm obviously not part of Acura NA management, but it's a worthwhile conversation to lower the price further and allow this car to be a loss leader for the brand. It does no good to the rest of the brand cache with so few out in the wild. Also, there's no really correct way of allocating the cost to produce just the one NSX when R&D technology is spread throughout the models. It's really just the accounting department's stubbornness if they want to hold true to the pricing. IIRC it's been proven a few times in NC1 sales history that when the price is lowered they will come. Hell.. I WILL

Back