• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels 2000 Acura NSX OEM Wheels - 100% mint fully refinished (wheels only)

2000 OEM Wheels - 100% mint fully refinished (wheels only)

These were a project of mine, but I have decided to stick to my 02+ wheels and I'm trying not to be a car parts hoarder. :biggrin:

These are MY2000 NSX OEM wheels with center caps. They are the machined/clear coated "blade silver" finish, vs the painted and/or chrome finishes from other years in the 94-01 range.

They have been professionally refinished at the most reputable wheel shop in my area (not a cheap bill). Front faces have been machined to a perfect finish, inside spoke paint has been redone, lug nut holes have been polished, rear barrels have been spun as well, and finally the wheels have been re-clear coated. Many shops will not touch machined wheels, as they require extra care and attention and need to spin nearly perfectly without warps or bends to refinish them properly (as I learned when I started this project). I told the shop I would not accept anything less than a 10/10 finish, and they delivered. The wheels look literally brand new from the factory. I also purchased new center caps from Acura for them, to finish them off.

To purchase these from Acura new, you would be looking at $6,330.60 before shipping and taxes.

$6,162.88 - 4X 42700-SL0-Z50 WHEELS
$167.72 - 4X 42700-SL0-Z50 CENTER CAPS

While my price may seem like a premium to some, I am just barely covering my costs. If they don't sell I have no problem keeping them, as they will only become more rare. For the NSX purist, these wheels are sure to please.

No longer for sale. Decided to keep them for the time being.

Last edited:
Pictures

Here are some pictures.

I will add that the rear barrels are not 100% perfect, there are some small nicks from previous tire mounting machines that were not machined out, but they overall look fantastic.

can you share work order/details on refinishing? how much material has been shaved off? do you have pictures before refinishing?

Here are some pictures prior to re-finishing. Hardly any material was taken off as is was only really surface scratches/chipping and a bit of curbage.

In terms of the work performed, there were no shortcuts taken. Here is the full list of work performed:

- Wheels acid dipped (cleaned)
- Front surfaces machined
- Inner spokes re-painted with factory matched paint
- Lug nut holes polished (there are steel inserts from the factory in Honda lug nut holes, so they cannot be re-machined, only polished)
- Rear barrels re-spun but only to remove any corrosion etc. It's not recommended to take much material off the rear barrels, which is why you can still see slight imperfections from previous tire mounting machines on the rear barrels.
- Front face and rear barrels fully clear-coated

Last edited:
I will try to take some pictures of the newly refinished wheels in daylight as well, as the interior LED lighting isn't the best.

I will also add that in order for machined wheels to be refinished the wheels have to spin perfectly straight. There are no bends or warps in the wheels :cool:.

For sure I can ship worldwide, but it comes at a cost. So far estimates I've gotten for shipping to Hong Kong for 4 wheels of this size and weight is in the $600 USD area. If you are interested please let me know an email address I can contact you at. You are a new member so we cannot PM.

Appreciate the offer but I’ll happily keep them if they don’t sell for asking price. If they are still around come 2020 I might drop the price a bit.

I would also consider trades for aftermarket wheels or misc NSX parts.

I live in Vancouver Canada but am willing to drive them to Blaine, Sumas or somewhere on the way to Seattle if it helps the buyer. :smile:

Back