• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 Ctsc Gpw Jh4na2160yt000042

First off, Hi Prime! Long time lurker, dreamer, and finally (hopefully) an owner!

Has anyone seen this car in person? Past Prime owner maybe?

http://www.luxurymotorcars.biz/images/view/inventory.php

Due to geography, I have not been able to see this car in person and would love some opinions as to whether it's worth the plane ticket.

Also, how does transporting a car normally work? Insurance? Good/Bad experiences? The dealer has given me some quotes on it and I am wondering if driving it home would be more economical (not to mention fun!).

Also, about what type of gas mileage should I expect out of a CTSC 3.2? (Important to know if I decide to drive back, since getting stuck in the desert does not sound like a whole lot of fun.)

Also, how does transporting a car normally work? Insurance? Good/Bad experiences? The dealer has given me some quotes on it and I am wondering if driving it home would be more economical (not to mention fun!).

Lots of variables, but the most important factor is making sure it's sent in an enclosed trailer. I've done it three times (twice receiving and once sending), and I've heard too many horror stories about sandblasted cars on open carriers, rock chips, bird crap, leaking overhead cars, etc. Spend a little extra and go enclosed. The peace of mind alone is worth it.

Also, about what type of gas mileage should I expect out of a CTSC 3.2?

Recently got 27.9mpg from my '91 (3.0 liter) between Seattle and central WA. And that included a lot of hills, passing, etc. Haven't seen recent figures on the 3.2, but figure a bit less I suppose.

if you care about gas mileage get a hybrid

baha! hey I just don't want to get stranded in B.F.E., too many slasher films start that way......

Lots of variables, but the most important factor is making sure it's sent in an enclosed trailer. I've done it three times (twice receiving and once sending), and I've heard too many horror stories about sandblasted cars on open carriers, rock chips, bird crap, leaking overhead cars, etc. Spend a little extra and go enclosed. The peace of mind alone is worth it.

Recently got 27.9mpg from my '91 (3.0 liter) between Seattle and central WA. And that included a lot of hills, passing, etc. Haven't seen recent figures on the 3.2, but figure a bit less I suppose.

Thanks for the advice about an enclosed trailer, this is the way I will go should I decide to transport the car. Definitely worth the extra 3-4 hundred dollars.

Last edited:
First off, Hi Prime! Long time lurker, dreamer, and finally (hopefully) an owner!

Has anyone seen this car in person? Past Prime owner maybe?

http://www.luxurymotorcars.biz/images/view/inventory.php

Due to geography, I have not been able to see this car in person and would love some opinions as to whether it's worth the plane ticket.

Also, about what type of gas mileage should I expect out of a CTSC 3.2? (Important to know if I decide to drive back, since getting stuck in the desert does not sound like a whole lot of fun.)

How much are they asking for this car? do u know what model supercharger is on the car?

How much are they asking for this car? do u know what model supercharger is on the car?

$49900 although I don't plan on paying that much. The supercharger is a Comptech autorotor I believe. Is there a way to tell the difference between models on visual inspection?

Looks like this car has been asked about before on here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90376&highlight=Jh4na2160yt000042

My bad, new topic is so easy.... :D

Does anyone else have further info on this car? I PMed queenlives for the scoop. No one has checked out what appears to be a very clean, decently priced, supercharged NSX?

Last edited:
Looks like a very high end lot. No junk there. Tell em to toss in the yellow Ducati behind it.:wink:

Nah, I gave up bikes in lew of an NSX 'cause I like my skin way too much! Plus, Ducatis fall over :eek: /flame suit on

Both of the guys from the dealer seem very knowledgeable and have been up front with me on the few small blemishes that the car has (slight road rash on the back passenger wheel, abrasion/a few popped seams on the inside of the driver's bolster). They also told me that the front drivers fender looks like it may have been removed, but testing with an ecometer showed the correct paint thickness on the factory fender and there is not an accident on carfax.

$49900 although I don't plan on paying that much. The supercharger is a Comptech autorotor I believe. Is there a way to tell the difference between models on visual inspection?

Looks like this car has been asked about before on here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90376&highlight=Jh4na2160yt000042

My bad, new topic is so easy.... :D

Does anyone else have further info on this car? I PMed queenlives for the scoop. No one has checked out what appears to be a very clean, decently priced, supercharged NSX?

Looking at this comptech supercharger again its looks like the older model which I have on my car also it look like the charger has been paint?..The new charger has a flat surface. it has almost 50000 miles I think the price it fair..Maybe they can do better?

Looking at this comptech supercharger again its looks like the older model which I have on my car also it look like the charger has been paint?..The new charger has a flat surface. it has almost 50000 miles I think the price it fair..Maybe they can do better?

I guess it does look painted in that pic, I think it's just super clean with a little glare. Here is another pic of the engine bay:

IMG_4572.jpg

It was my understanding that the autorotors had the "purplish" snout, although I don't remember where I heard that so it may not be accurate. What are the pros/cons of the older style charger aside from less boost?

This car was also discussed in this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92926

I said this about the car:

I was looking last month @ a CTSC 2000 with less miles for almost the same cost in Sacramento CA. Here is the link to the item:

http://www.luxurymotorcars.biz/image.../inventory.php

The car was due to have the water pump and timing belt done and to my understanding it was complete. However, they took TOOOOOO LONG to do all this and I moved along to purchase a CTSC 2002 2 weeks ago. The agreed upon price was $49K less any costs above $500.00 from the PPI. They seemed like pleasant people and I liked the dealer Colby where the car is on consigment.

I did not see this car in person, but had a relative drive the car and he thought it was worth pursuing. IMHO, I would sooner look at the car in CA
with over $20K in improvements 1 year newer, less miles, fully serviced and a difference of $4K.

See additional thread here on prime with a previous owner who is a prime member:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90376

AND this:

Luxury Motors is in Sacramento. The car is on consigment, but one of the former owners of the car is Colby who works at Luxury.

AND this:

My brother-in-law looked at and drove the car on my behalf. If you are interested I still have some notes - just PM me. Also, at my request Colby took some specific pictures of the car e.g. bolster wear. If you get serious, before I would make the effort to drive there, look thru all the documentation, pictures and do a PPI. Then after reviewing all the above see if a trip is worth the effort.

This car was also discussed in this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92926

I said this about the car:

I was looking last month @ a CTSC 2000 with less miles for almost the same cost in Sacramento CA. Here is the link to the item:

http://www.luxurymotorcars.biz/image.../inventory.php

The car was due to have the water pump and timing belt done and to my understanding it was complete. However, they took TOOOOOO LONG to do all this and I moved along to purchase a CTSC 2002 2 weeks ago. The agreed upon price was $49K less any costs above $500.00 from the PPI. They seemed like pleasant people and I liked the dealer Colby where the car is on consigment.

I did not see this car in person, but had a relative drive the car and he thought it was worth pursuing. IMHO, I would sooner look at the car in CA
with over $20K in improvements 1 year newer, less miles, fully serviced and a difference of $4K.

See additional thread here on prime with a previous owner who is a prime member:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90376

AND this:

Luxury Motors is in Sacramento. The car is on consigment, but one of the former owners of the car is Colby who works at Luxury.

AND this:

My brother-in-law looked at and drove the car on my behalf. If you are interested I still have some notes - just PM me. Also, at my request Colby took some specific pictures of the car e.g. bolster wear. If you get serious, before I would make the effort to drive there, look thru all the documentation, pictures and do a PPI. Then after reviewing all the above see if a trip is worth the effort.

Wow, Steve, Thanks for all of the great info. I will pm you for the test drive notes. I have the last PPI done on the car (performed about a month ago then the buyer's financing fell through) and plan on having another one. I was also given copies of the receipts for the water pump/timing belt/SC belt replacement along with the last few oil change receipts. They have also sent me a ton of pictures via e-mail showing the car very well.

I'm local to this car's area and yes Steve is the expert on this car since his bro-in-law has drove it. I have the notes and eventually decided to make them an offer but they declined so I ended up passing on this car.

Car looks great on paper but without the stock parts to return to stock if the need arises, I really don't see this car being worth more than $45k IMO....

Stock cars are always worth more generally so this is not the car for me but hey if you looking for a modded car this might work.

rick

I'm local to this car's area and yes Steve is the expert on this car since his bro-in-law has drove it. I have the notes and eventually decided to make them an offer but they declined so I ended up passing on this car.

Car looks great on paper but without the stock parts to return to stock if the need arises, I really don't see this car being worth more than $45k IMO....

Stock cars are always worth more generally so this is not the car for me but hey if you looking for a modded car this might work.

rick

I am looking for a modded car actually, my goals were 99 to 01 GPW with a supercharger. I am not a stock car collector so stock parts will just take up space in my garage. I'm not buying for resale, I have always wanted an NSX and I plan on driving her till the wheels fall off.... :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone so far for the comments.

rick

I would not agree with this comment. If someone has spent $35K to improve the performance and looks of an NSX (my car) and that is the kind of car I am looking for it is worth far more to me then a stock NSX. I save the $$$ of having to do it myself. I think your comment is subjective much
like mine - don't you think??

I would not agree with this comment. If someone has spent $35K to improve the performance and looks of an NSX (my car) and that is the kind of car I am looking for it is worth far more to me then a stock NSX.

I have to agree here. I really wanted a supercharged car, it saves me from the cost and install of a supercharger in a few months. The car is getting a PPI today and with a clean bill of health, I will be purchasing this NSX. I have been looking for a GWP supercharged 99 to 01 for about a year now and it looks like I have found her.

I would like to thank Steven and the community on a whole, now off to post whore the forums! :biggrin:

Hey Steven, if you decide to sell your wheels, let me know!

There was a member who was selling some OEM white wheels in So Cal, they were in the parts for sale section ( I do not see them right now) and these as well:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94802

My notes show a member by the name of pierceman offered the wheels to me.

I am not really a fan of Volk wheels. I really like the iForged Aero in white and your Superleggra IIIs.

Thanks though!

I also spoke with Colby and the guys at Luxury about this car awhile ago and they seem very open and honest about it. They disclosed all the info Ive seen posted here and elsewhere. Good luck and hopefully youll have that sc'd GPW soon :biggrin:

Frankly, if they had not been SO SLOW in doing some of the required maintenece prior to the PPI I would have pursued the car more. However, if the PPI yielded more then $500.00 worth of issues I would have pushed for more price considerations. The car is fairly priced in the high 40K range with the mods, unless the PPI says otherwise.

Last edited:
I would not agree with this comment. If someone has spent $35K to improve the performance and looks of an NSX (my car) and that is the kind of car I am looking for it is worth far more to me then a stock NSX. I save the $$$ of having to do it myself. I think your comment is subjective much
like mine - don't you think??

It's subjective but also a fact in most cases. People with modded cars are always trying to sell the car for more but the fact of the matter is you are narrowing your buyer list to a very small percentage. Unless you find the perfect guy who wants those mods like you said its' not worth anything extra.

In most cases of high end cars especially - people get scared of anyone besides themselves or a close friend who did the mods. I run a custom stereo/performance shop and I only trust a handful of shops to work on my cars. The majority the minute you leave they will hack what they can to save time and hide it so by the time you see it, it's WAY too late....I've bought a few cars with this kind of internal damage and this is the exact reason why we keep getting repeat customers. They know the kind of work we do and gladly pay for our rates. :)

I also spoke with the guys at Luxury and they seem like honest and very open people about the car. I was ready to pull the trigger given some of the risks involved but this car is definitely not a 50k car or anywhere near that. A white nsx can command a slight premium but given the lack of stock parts and car being sold as is, I would not pay the low 40's for this car. But that's just me and this is why this car is still up for sale and I passed....

rk

Im not a fan of the Luxury Motors dealers. IMHO 49 out of 50 cars are beat up. But if you find that 1, then great!

People with modded cars are always trying to sell the car for more but the fact of the matter is you are narrowing your buyer list to a very small percentage.
rk

Buyers who are interested in purchasing an NSX are a small niche in the marketplace. The average NSX purchaser is performance oriented. If your modifications are performance oriented I feel the amount of buyers who only want stock cars will be no greater a number then those who want the performance improvements. If you do not think this statement is true look at the countless posts by Prime members who are moding there cars. I really think it is a coin toss and those who are stock oriented only see there point of view and those who are mod oriented are much the same.

Just an update, I am leaving tonight to go and check out the car. If nothing changes on this deal within the next 24 hours and the car is as the Dealer and PPI/Niello Acura say it is, then I will be driving it home to Dallas this weekend.

I have to admit, I have a huge watermelon smile right now. :biggrin:

I saw this car heading into the service lanes on Tuesday for the PPI while ordering parts at Niello. It looked pretty clean from the outside, but I didn't take the time to look in detail.

Hope it all works out and you get to drive it home. :smile:

Back