• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 White /camel JH4NA21311T000062

I love originality but to me this car looks too much like a '91. I'd rather have a '91 and pocket the difference.

I love originality but to me this car looks too much like a '91. I'd rather have a '91 and pocket the difference.

Grand Prix White wasn't available in the US in 1991. Neither was the 3.2L engine, 6-speed Transmission, and 16/17" wheel/tire package. :biggrin:

Yea, I was about to chime in. I remember seeing the allocation/order screen and my mind just getting excited, back in the day. NSX's were order only cars, some dealers never got any.. if they didnt order any:wink:

My favorite NA2 coupe, the Monaco Blue/Black 01 I saw at NSXPO 05:eek:

It's actually a 2000, and is also the only example of it's kind. Only 1 US-Spec Monaco Blue Coupe was ever built.

It's actually a 2000, and is also the only example of it's kind. Only 1 US-Spec Monaco Blue Coupe was ever built.

I figured you knew of this beast, car was originally ordered by an Acura exec, (if I recall) and is owned by someone out in Cali, am I wrong? By all means, one of the hottest one-off's, as I call those special ones.

I saw the owner of this car at Adesa auto auction, today. Turns out we know each other. Anyways, if anyone needs me to do a PPI at my dealership, Im here. No charge, but I do like Blue Label:biggrin:

I figured you knew of this beast, car was originally ordered by an Acura exec, (if I recall) and is owned by someone out in Cali, am I wrong? By all means, one of the hottest one-off's, as I call those special ones.

I actually never researched this particular car, so I don't know anything beyond the VIN/Color Combo. A carfax search would turn up the delivery and ownership information.

I've decided to pass on this one-off car primary for one reason: it's a collector piece and should remain bone stock. For me, part of owning a car is making it your own- that means mods & tracking duties. This one needs to go to a collector who want to stare at it in his garage (which unlikely is not me).

Ravi (KANE) has a complete mint condition black interior in stock. I agree with the last post, something so rare should be left stock, or keep the factory parts to switch back to. Frank

I think the sheer number of ex-owners would bug me but really this is a 7,500 mile NSX...hardly driven at all.

My new Imola has 9,196 and I feel like I've purchased a brand new NSX! LOL

i dont think the car has had "owners"....as the reseller (dealer) doesnt count on the paperwork....future barret jackson investment? :)

i dont think the car has had "owners"....as the reseller (dealer) doesnt count on the paperwork....future barret jackson investment? :)

Sadly enough, in NJ dealers sometimes count as owners but this car is 100% Barrett Jackson material. Although Im not sure if Asian sports cars are as in demand as classic american muscle. I see that trend changing as the dotcom. era progresses and the younger generations are starting to accumulate wealth:wink:

Bidding ended this morning. Results show:

"whitensxs won this item with a Best Offer of US $56,000.00."

So, who is "whitensxs" on eBay??

Our whiteNSXs here on Prime is Steve.

Did you get the coupe????

Last edited:
Good detective work, Im curious if Steve got it as well!:biggrin:

Inquiring minds need to know!

Bidding ended this morning. Results show:

"whitensxs won this item with a Best Offer of US $56,000.00."

So, who is "whitensxs" on eBay??

Our whiteNSXs here on Prime is Steve.

Did you get the coupe????

Damn! this thing is like a ghost. It keeps showing up after we think its finally sold. Hopefully someone gets it soon and takes good care of it.

Maybe the original buyer on eBay backed out as their site now says "PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

And then there is and ad on Autotrader selling "another" 2001 white coupe for $41k with 14k miles
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2606
Someone buy that car quick or can someone call the seller at 3am to remind him to take out that phony ad? :biggrin:
Steve

Last edited:
It's now owned by a longtime Prime member who has owned several NSXs. The car finally has a good home. Those of us that know the owner are trying to persuade him to keep this historic car 100% factory stock. I'll let him speak up if he wants. :smile:

Last edited:
It's now owned by a longtime Prime member who has owned several NSXs. The car finally has a good home. Those of us that know the owner are trying to persuade him to keep this historic car 100% factory stock. I'll let him speak up if he wants. :smile:

Do you know the final price he paid for this car?

Do you know the final price he paid for this car?

Yes, but I'll let him chime in if he likes.

Suffice to say, the seller knew exactly what he had, and had multiple serious buyers coming to see the car, so the current owner pulled the trigger, sight unseen so that he wouldn't lose the car to someone else.

Yes, but I'll let him chime in if he likes.

Suffice to say, the seller knew exactly what he had, and had multiple serious buyers coming to see the car, so the current owner pulled the trigger, sight unseen so that he wouldn't lose the car to someone else.

The current owner lives in the SF Bay Area? Is he an active member on Prime and does he join any of the regular meets?

Well this is a happy ending after all! I wondered what happened to this car and to the new owner congrats! You sir have one piece of NSX history.:wink:

+1, I really considered this car since I wanted a newer version and wanted to remain in a coupe, plus it was white. I can honestly say I lost a couple nights sleep tossing the idea. I new hard times may be ahead and was reluctant of another big purchase. That car really drew me in though. Guess my 91 will have to do for now.

Back