• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 brochure

Got the 2002 NSX brochure in the mail today. Pretty neat...got it off the Acura website. Anyone else get one of these yet?

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Mine just arrived today but it was the folded maplike brochure of Acura's full line of cars, the same one you can get at the auto show. It wasn't specific to the NSX. Was your brochure just on the NSX or was it on Acura's full line of cars?

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

Does somebody of you outside Japan and US knows something about the 2002 NSX being available there? Here, usually very nsx-friendly (in terms of flagship... not customers realtion!
frown.gif
), no news on the official Honda website or specialized press.
confused.gif

Originally posted by CChung:
Mine just arrived today but it was the folded maplike brochure of Acura's full line of cars, the same one you can get at the auto show. It wasn't specific to the NSX. Was your brochure just on the NSX or was it on Acura's full line of cars?

I ordered from the website and received the same full-line brochure as CChung.

Got my FULL NSX brochure at the local Acura dealer. Too many yellow pictures. Wish they showed more variety.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black, #264

I got the full line of cars brochure and I have the 4 page NSX brochure... but the full one has yet to arrive!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Mine is just a NSX only brochure. yes, i would agree that there are too many pics of the yellow car. Many pics you see on the web are from this. (all the colored seats, many angles of the yellow car, etc.)

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Does somebody of you outside Japan and US knows something about the 2002 NSX being available there? Here, usually very nsx-friendly (in terms of flagship... not customers realtion!
frown.gif
), no news on the official Honda website or specialized press.
confused.gif

Gheba,

For your info, it would seem that three new NSX are on the way towards Europe!

I am almost sure that at least one of them will be at the "Geneva Auto Saloon " in march.
cool.gif

David

I got my NSX specific brochure in the mail yesterday, but since applying for it I have received a call and two emails from the local dealership. Email was neat in that they said they wouldn't be getting a 2002 nsx.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I, too, received an e-mail saying that they wouldn't be getting a 2002 NSX. (It wasn't from my dealer, but it was from the dealer closest to my address.)

I got a call today form my servicing dealer (the owner). I was interested in a Black 02 he was attempting to get. He said the regional guy told him today that they will only send pre-ordered NSXs. Sounds like (at least here on the East Coast) that spec cars will not be in any dealerships. Although I know that Rick Case (Ft Lauderdale) has an '02 Red/Tan.

If there were any decent deals (a few grand off MSRP) I would jump at a Black/Red. I bet that's a killer, but I guess I will never know.

------------------

Maybe I'm missing something here. What does pre-ordering have to do with the price?

Or, putting the same question another way - why can't your dealer knock a few grand off the selling price and order one for you?

Originally posted by tabasco:
...I would jump at a Black/Red. I bet that's a killer, but I guess I will never know.

So, do you plan to add an '02 to your collection? Owning a 2000 and a 2002 would be great. That's too rich for my blood though.

By the way, have you seen the new blue? I don't think I like it as much. I think it is a bit lighter that the color on yours. Hard to tell from the pictures.

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
9000 miles
No Mods

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
How about a red 2002, like this one?

I emailed on that one and I called several dealers. I'll let you know what HondAcuraWorld says. The Red/Black would be a special order (according to the local dealers).

Matt, Can't afford both, would sell the '00.

------------------

I heard back from HondacuraWorld! Read what this guy says below. I asked for a price of the '02 with CD, Keyless, bra and cover.

Rick, I'm willing to go to $86,486 on the '02 incl accessories. As far as your car goes, the best number I've gotten so far is $62,500 (if it were black or red we'd be in better shape because the blue is kind of a dead color for that car)
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
K...
(I purposefully omitted his name to protect him should his boss read this)

Kelly BB shows trade in at $73,425. That may be somewhat high but that certainly in my starting point.

What REALLY pisses me off is this #!*#ing guy says blue is a dead color. Tell that to all the people that strain there necks to look at the car on the road. It's ok to try to beat a good deal for the dealership, but to insult my car is just plain stupid.

I'll wait and talk to a REAL dealership like Pohanka, Tischer, or Rick Case. They would have to drop their price anoth $10K for me to waste another second....

Had to vent, sorry

------------------

I'm not sure what your point is.

I DO think that Monaco Blue is a tougher color to sell. Maybe it has a higher gawk factor, but that doesn't necessarily make people want to buy it. No offense though; I'm only referring to its marketability. I think you're getting way too upset for what was probably just a poor choice of words.

I also think that there's no way you're going to come anywhere near $73,425 for a 2000 NSX-T right now, regardless of color. Obviously, if you feel you can get that amount by selling it yourself, go for it!

Finally, don't forget that there's a sales tax advantage to trading the car in. For example, if the sales tax is 8 percent, the price you pay for the 2002 would be reduced by $67,500 with the trade-in (since you would save $5,000 on sales tax). And $67,500 is probably a fairly good price if you were going to sell your 2000 separately.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 25 January 2002).]

For someone who don't know what my point is you sure wrote a lot.

My point was there was no reason for the "poor choice of words". People in the sales world should be extremely careful with their words.

I am certain you have a beautiful NSX and if you choose to sell it, it would probably sell quick.

------------------

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I ordered from the website and received the same full-line brochure as CChung.
Received some of the 4-page NSX-only brochures today -- show a yellow/yellow car, with a small shot of a Silverstone car.

No "big brochures" yet.

Back