• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002+ front bumper spoiler spy photo

Not sure if anybody else has ordered one of these yet, since I havent seen any pics, but thought I wouldlet everybody know I ordered one of the regular black ones over the weekend, so I will post up some pics when I get it installed.

any updates for pre 02 model, Chris??

I like the flush finish a lot.... and the new cf construction is very attractive as my old Cantrell ones only survived for 1 month.

odenspike said:
Not sure if anybody else has ordered one of these yet, since I havent seen any pics, but thought I wouldlet everybody know I ordered one of the regular black ones over the weekend, so I will post up some pics when I get it installed.

Be sure to let us Dallas folk see it when you get it installed.

Ghostrider, I will do you even one better, when this and a little something else comes in I will even let yall help me install them :) Obviously this should part should be easy, but the other I will definetly need some help on....so I will be looking for volunteers!

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys --

Yes, this spoiler is different than the existing ducted front spoiler we sell for 1991-2001 NSX. This new spoiler for 2002+ front bumpers does not bulge foward as much as the early spoiler does. This spoiler is also made from completely different materials which allows better durability.

We may produce a spoiler for the early cars with this design, so please let us know if it is something you'd be interested in.

-- Chris

Interested in spoiler for pre 02 bumper (more flexible newer material, doesn't bulge forward)

let us know,
Antonio

Last edited:
Has anybody else actually received this yet?

I ordered the black one on 9/30. I have been told it has shipped twice, only to call to check on the status when nothing showed up and to get a tracking number, to be told it didn't ship, only to be told they would check on it and call me back, only to not receive a call back.

Does this thing even exist?

Thanks,
Charlie

odenspike said:
Has anybody else actually received this yet?

I ordered the black one on 9/30. I have been told it has shipped twice, only to call to check on the status when nothing showed up and to get a tracking number, to be told it didn't ship, only to be told they would check on it and call me back, only to not receive a call back.

Does this thing even exist?

Thanks,
Charlie

FISHY! :confused:

BEWARE! :cool:

hi guys -- The first batch of spoilers have shipped, so you should start seeing photos online soon :) Cantrell had some difficulty with the mold as it is very complex to be able to support the epoxy construction. However, this is now solved, and we're pumping out our next batch. Charlie -- you are number 1 on the next batch. We should have these prepared and ready for shipping in the next couple days. Please let us know if you have any questions :)

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the update. We'll at least I know now that it never really did ship.

Thanks,
Charlie

Chris,

If you are able to produce a version of the 2002+ front bumper spoiler for the early NSX's, then I will buy one. As I am not a fan of the spoiler that protrudes out from the bumper, like this one

Anyone else interested? Let Chris know...

Mike

Chris@SoS said:
We may produce a spoiler for the early cars with this design, so please let us know if it is something you'd be interested in.

Hi Chris,

No problem... I can wait. Any chance of posting a side view pic of the 2002+ front bumper spoiler mounted on an NSX?

Thanks,

Mike

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys -- We're evaluating early model spoilers, however, we're trying to get up to speed with the later models for the time being.

take care,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys -- The first batch of spoilers have shipped, so you should start seeing photos online soon :) Cantrell had some difficulty with the mold as it is very complex to be able to support the epoxy construction. However, this is now solved, and we're pumping out our next batch. Charlie -- you are number 1 on the next batch. We should have these prepared and ready for shipping in the next couple days. Please let us know if you have any questions :)

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, do yall have the second batch shipping yet? I couldn't wait any longer to put my car in the shop to have my sideskirts put on and was hoping to have your part in so I could have it painted at the same time.

Thanks,
Charlie

That yellow X looks pretty sick!

I want one for <02 model! I dont like the protruding one that SOS have right now as it looks out of place. The flush one is the business!

demigod said:
It will probably look like this.. :biggrin:

Dang, that looks great. I hope my car turns out looking that good!

hi Charlie --

Your spoiler shipped today. I'll have a tracking number around 4.30pm.

The remaining units are being built, however, our production is very slow due to the complex construction and materials used.

Take care,
-- Chris

odenspike said:
Chris, do yall have the second batch shipping yet? I couldn't wait any longer to put my car in the shop to have my sideskirts put on and was hoping to have your part in so I could have it painted at the same time.

Thanks,
Charlie

Chris@SoS said:
hi Charlie --

Your spoiler shipped today. I'll have a tracking number around 4.30pm.

The remaining units are being built, however, our production is very slow due to the complex construction and materials used.

Take care,
-- Chris

Great, thanks. I will get it painted and put on as soon as it comes in and post up some pictures for everybody to see.

Thought I would let everybody know that I did receive mine today and this thing actually does exist, thank you Chris! So I will be taking it tomorrow to the shop to get painted.

I am just glad to have it, but I have to say it almost looks like Cantrell sent me a used piece based upon all the scrapes and stuff on it, but since it is going to be painted, I am not to concerned with it to much and just glad to have it in my hands finally.

Here are some unpainted pictures out of the box if anybody wants to check them out, I will be sure to post up the cleaned up and painted version as soon as I get it back. Should look really nice.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10721

whealy,

any way you can post a shot directly from the side and another from above in order to show the degree of overhang. please post pics post paint.

thanks

Back