• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002+ front bumper spoiler spy photo

Taken at Cantrell Studios today.
02splitter.jpg

No flimsy ABS construction here. These will be made out of the same rugged carbon fiber / epoxy resin construction technique that let's you do this with your spoiler...
bendingspoiler.jpg

Coming to a NSX near you soon...

Cheers,
-- Chris

I lyke it - I lyke it alot!!

Chris, is this a style just for the 02+ bumper?

It sure looks like the gruppe M / Mugen type... but it doesn't extend out as much, IMO, it's better looking yet giving higher approach angle preventing the curb/driveway accident...

NSXDreamer2 said:
Chris, is this a style just for the 02+ bumper?

It sure looks like the gruppe M / Mugen type... but it doesn't extend out as much, IMO, it's better looking yet giving higher approach angle preventing the curb/driveway accident...
------------------------------------------------------------------
I was hoping for this ,but ooooooooooooh well.

Attachments

• 02 lips.jpg
    02 lips.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,032
hi guys --

I agree, I really like the styling and fitting of this spoiler.

This new spoiler is for factory 2002+ bumpers only.

As soon as we have them in production, we'll let you all know availability and pricing. Expect this to be about a week out.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys --

I agree, I really like the styling and fitting of this spoiler.

This new spoiler is for factory 2002+ bumpers only.

As soon as we have them in production, we'll let you all know availability and pricing. Expect this to be about a week out.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
-- Chris
i want one too. pls keep us posted. :biggrin:

Looks great! I have one on my 92. Hottest exterior mod yet :cool:

chris ...
how much ?

Looks good.
My front spoiler is looking pretty scratched up already, hope this can tolerate some abuse !
Can we see a side profile of it ?

Hope its not going to be too expensive..

icefire said:
I knew about that one. BUT this new +02 version looks a lot more flexible.

I agreed, I recall there's a thread stating that the OEM 02+ lip will fit pre 02 bumpers... In that case, this newer SOS version should be able to fit as well... Keep us posted, Chris.

IMO, the original one for pre02 is sexy, but it's just way too easy to get damaged.. :rolleyes:

I croped both the pre 02 and 02+ next to each other, and while they appear to be similar in the design and opening areas, the 02+ seems to have a much better fit - unless there is an optical illusion with carbon fiber reflecting; it has less overhang and bulge. Very nice, and hopefully it will fit the pre 02. The flat black finish is nice too.

hi guys --

Yes, this spoiler is different than the existing ducted front spoiler we sell for 1991-2001 NSX. This new spoiler for 2002+ front bumpers does not bulge foward as much as the early spoiler does. This spoiler is also made from completely different materials which allows better durability. There is a spoiler made by Cantrell Concepts of this material for early cars here:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/carbon_racing_splitter/

We may produce a spoiler for the early cars with this design, so please let us know if it is something you'd be interested in.

Unfortunately, the different years are not compatible as they are more than an inch and a half off in the corners as the bottoms of the lower bumper are different.

We should have availability and pricing info within a couple days.

take care,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys --

Yes, this spoiler is different than the existing ducted front spoiler we sell for 1991-2001 NSX. This new spoiler for 2002+ front bumpers does not bulge foward as much as the early spoiler does. This spoiler is also made from completely different materials which allows better durability. There is a spoiler made by Cantrell Concepts of this material for early cars here:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/carbon_racing_splitter/

We may produce a spoiler for the early cars with this design, so please let us know if it is something you'd be interested in.

Unfortunately, the different years are not compatible as they are more than an inch and a half off in the corners as the bottoms of the lower bumper are different.

We should have availability and pricing info within a couple days.

take care,
-- Chris

cant wait!!! i want one for sure.....

Any closer to pricing and shipping?

Thanks.

hi guys --

We have pricing and availability info today!

The splitters are $294.00 for carbon fiber satin black and $359.00 for carbon fiber exposed finish.

Please note that when comparing prices, these are not the same as polyester constructed products made in China and Taiwan. The splitters are made from Epoxy resin and 2x2 carbon twill material which yields a very strong yet flexible part. The tooling and manufacturing process is much more complex and unfortunately more costly.

These are in production today, and due to ship out in 1-2 weeks. We are taking orders now if you are interested.

Thank you for your interest!

best regards,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Back