• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 NSX frontend on older NSX

hello everyone , i'm new to the forum. i don't have an NSX yet,but will as soon as i return from overseas. i had an oppurtunity at getting a '93 a while ago but after Sep 11, i had to deploy(Marines). I'm looking at getting a 95 now, and i was wondering if anyone has thought about putting the whole front clip off a new nsx and putting it on an older nsx.I like the looks of the new NSX but Uncle Sam does not pay me enough to afford one. i assume you would need hood, fenders, bumber, lights and i don't know what else.

Yes, it would cost quite a bit, in the thousands, over 2K for sure. In the coming months, I wouldn't be surprised to see a cheaper knockoff. You can't guess the quality though until you see it in person.
Regardless, the new lights would run at least a grand, even if the other body parts were much cheaper.

Then you have the rear (my personal fave) which would be much less. However, you would need a 2002 exhaust or similar to fit in the slots of the new bumper.

I'm personally waiting for a knockoff of the rear bumper. If it's great quality in fitment, I may consider it.

based on experience of doing a car up here in Seattle with the 2002 parts, I have the cost for all required components for the front in the $6000.00 range.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
based on experience of doing a car up here in Seattle with the 2002 parts, I have the cost for all required components for the front in the $6000.00 range.

Regards,
-- Chris

Will the new 2002 front dam and spoiler fit the existing (pre-2001) bumper and headlight or do you have to by the whole schmeal...

TIA...

------------------
no-thanks-i'll-park-it-myself

[This message has been edited by painlus (edited 29 March 2002).]

thanks for the info Chris, i'm guessing that price is for new parts. i don't think i'll be finding used parts or a salvaged nsx anytime soon. not that i would want anyone to wreck their nsx. but maybe later in the future i'll find the parts cheaper.

BTW , off the topic, does anyone know ANYTIME, he lives close to me back in the states,i believe he's from Camarillo,i'm from oxnard. just wanted to see if he's still around. maybe he can help me shop for my nsx once i get back.

Originally posted by NSXrebel:
does anyone know ANYTIME
John (Anytime) is pretty active on these forums... he's about to introduce a (US-made) twin-can stainless cat-back exhaust system for the NSX. Check it out at anytimeracing.com

I'm here. You can always call me @ 805-650-0000 and ask for John. The exhaust is being made at Borla as we speak. Should have them next week(REALLY!).
John

thanks john!

PS
ANYONE NEED JDM PARTS?? I'M IN JAPAN RIGHT NOW AND MAYBE I CAN FIND YOU PARTS YOU MIGHT NEED

Chris, i had a question. is it possible to only use the headlights/hood and keeping everything else the same?

Originally posted by NSXrebel:
Chris, i had a question. is it possible to only use the headlights/hood and keeping everything else the same?

You would need to change the front bumper/air dam as well.

Back