• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 NSX MSRP is.........

I saw new 2002 NSX today, the MSRP is just under 90k. The car was bone stock, no NAV.

The dealer claims it will sell the car for MSRP, no markup.

In person it looks just like the pictures. I think the old design looks better. But you never know, sometimes it takes a while for you to get used to a new design. Only time will tell.

It seems Acura has updated www.acura.com for the '02 NSX. I played around with the build your own NSX tool, it reported the MSRP to be $89000 for the T. Unfortunatley, it doesn't have support for the coupe. Anyone know if the '02 will be available in Coupe?

Nice videos on the updated Acura NSX site.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

MSRP? The car should be discounted...

A discount is applied AFTER the MSRP. Every car has an MSRP, and then it can sell for a premium or at a discount (or, like Saturn, at MSRP).

The MSRP of the '02 NSX-T is exactly $1000 more than the MSRP of the '01 NSX-T.

As to what they will actually sell for... time will tell, but dealers generally start high, and the prices go down over time.

90k? You serious?
stick.gif

I thought I read somewhere on this forum(I think Lud posted it) that the conversion would cost something like $2700, not including the wheels and tires. Why not buy a 2001 for $77k and spend $3k on the conversion and have $10k left for a super/turbo charger?

$90K is MSRP. That doesn't mean that's what they will actually sell for. It's only $1K more than the MSRP for the '01's, and that's not what the '01's sold for.

No price is yet available for the conversion pieces, but - between the headlights, the hood, the rear deck, the entire interior, the wheels, the tires, etc - $2700 is a woeful underestimate.

Of course, when you can buy a '97 with low (20K) miles that's virtually the same car for low fifties, ...

Ken, I think the MSRP comments are directed to the first post which states the dealer will be selling the 02 NSX at MSRP sticker, with no "premium", "dealer", "luxury" markup (or whatever they like to call them).

Kenric

Originally posted by johndoh:
I thought I read somewhere on this forum(I think Lud posted it) that the conversion would cost something like $2700, not including the wheels and tires.

The $2700 number was JUST the front bumper and new headlights. To make the car look like a 2002 you would also need the front hood (price not available at the time but the current hood is over $1000), wheels, tires, the rear valance, exhaust (at least tips), side skirts, etc. I doubt you will be able to buy all these parts new plus paint and installation labor for less than $10-$12 grand

Back