• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX, ridiculous price.

He might be asking 10K too high, but it only has 25K miles and having a Comptech supercharger doesn't hurt either.

He might be asking 10K too high, but it only has 25K miles and having a Comptech supercharger doesn't hurt either.

+1

And I think he knows this. He probably started it high for the lowballers that ALWAYS inevitably contact you.

I see value if this car has lived a good life, but it's hard to justify 85k, especially when he's fudged his parts costs double and triple their msrp :) Buy hey if someone buys this at full price then cheers for upping the value of our cars!

Considering the car has 30k of upgrades the price isn't bad. According to the add he has all comptech parts. My car is the same.

KBB prices a STOCK 2005 NSX at $75,000+ at car Dealer. Private party price is at $71,000+

The seller upgraded with some expensive extras. Add in the extras and it's priced right.

His additions:
Comptech Complete System Installed at Comptech $35,000.
BREMBO GRAN TURSIMO BRAKE SYSTEM $15,000
HRE 550S CHROME WHEELS 18'S 19'S $10,000
EXEDY CLUTCH $5000 brand new 0 miles on clutch

Even if he overpriced the extras, factor in just half of the price of those extras and it's still another $30,000 in extras.

Last edited:
This might be a scam, the ad states that this car is number 205 from 2005, according to my study #205 is in California with 53k miles. The seller tells us that this car is in TX with 25 000 miles and no vin number to prove it.

I just did a prime search on the vin and 2005 #205 was listed for sale on prime back in '06 by a dealer as Silverstone/onyx.

I might be wrong but whoever is interested in this car should definitley be extra cautious.

Last edited:
All of that money to set on fire and he picks up some of the ugliest rims (they do not deserve to be called wheels) in that price range.

the brembo grand turismo package is akin to the lotus caliper and is sold by everyone including tire rack...for about 3200$..the brembo billet indy package was sold only through comptech and they called it the powertech kit this sold for about 10k $......so the prices listed are suspect.

I came across a silverstone 02 with nearly the same mods - comptech dealer install, brembo GT's - for high 40s. It also had 40k miles and full service history. One of you own it, and I know this because I called back to schedule a PPI and it was already sold after I talked to its previous owner :) Fourty thousand dollars additional for an identical chassis three years newer and 15k miles less with no posted VIN.

My car is now for sale for a bajillion godzillian dollars. I have an AP-X exhaust $123,000! :biggrin:

All of that money to set on fire and he picks up some of the ugliest rims (they do not deserve to be called wheels) in that price range.

Really? I think they're rather sexy, although not my cup of tea as I'm a huge 7-spoke fan on the NSX.

I'd presume at least 8 out of 10 people like them.

My car is now for sale for a bajillion godzillian dollars. I have an AP-X exhaust $123,000! :biggrin:
dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Couldn't resist....

Add-ons don't give the car any intrinsic value other than if the prospective buyer values those things, so in my book it's too high especially when there's other 02+ cars with less than 15K miles on an unboosted engine demanding less.

Who knows though. Maybe the right buyer will come along.

The NSX is yesterday's sports car. People asking modern day prices for 20 year old technology, no matter how many extras are in it, are living a pipe dream. I fully understand that there is no substitute for the NSX - light weight, hi-revving Japanese sports car (sorry S2000, you suck), but the NSX's performance numbers were good for their day, but in today's performance market, they are utter shit. Let's see, Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE. But wait, I can buy this guy's NSX for 30K more and get toasted. YES!

This car won't fetch a dime over 50K.

The NSX is yesterday's sports car. People asking modern day prices for 20 year old technology, no matter how many extras are in it, are living a pipe dream. I fully understand that there is no substitute for the NSX - light weight, hi-revving Japanese sports car (sorry S2000, you suck), but the NSX's performance numbers were good for their day, but in today's performance market, they are utter shit. Let's see, Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE. But wait, I can buy this guy's NSX for 30K more and get toasted. YES!

I am sorry but you are wrong. Those people who buy NSXs are looking for things you don't get in a 650bhp mustang, there is abviously way more to it but I just don't feel like typing for 10 minutes.

The good old modern day car vs the NSX's lack in power and outdated technology again. If it were just so simple about power, speed and bang for the buck, we would have all sold our NSXs years ago and Prime would have been a ghost town.

Many of us do own secondary cars that can outrun the NSX easily and yet we still hold onto it. Some even left and came back for another one, ever wonder why?

haha! Take your 1000 hp Mustang. I'll keep my slow NSX.

LOL I agree ~ late model 04/05 NSX in mint condition are easily worth $80k+ even in stock form.

There's always someone looking to buy so just because "you" do not value it does not mean others won't.

Neat car - hope the sellers gets his price!

If only cars were sold based on numbers alone. Maybe we should all drive a vette or a mustang. Let's get rid of the nsx, porsche, ferrari and lambo. Forget about history, soul, and timeless design, we can build cars with higher hp for much cheaper.

Back