• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX-T Red/Tan 6-Speed 35,065 JH4NA21625S000061

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX-T
Transmission:
6-Speed
Exterior color:
Red
Interior color:
Tan
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA21625S000061
Price:
$85,000/obo *SOLD*

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
call or text Chris at 510-409-1901

Maintenance Information
Excellently maintained car. Timing belt and water pump service being done this week. All records available.

Details
I've owned my NSX for just over 8 years now and while I've loved owning and driving the car, I've come to the realization that I am just not driving it enough to justify continued ownership. It was my weekend car, but now it gets driven less than 20 miles once a month or so. If you are looking for an exceptionally maintained late model Gen 1 NSX, then THIS is the one you want.
This is a clean title, 2 owner car that has never ever been in an accident or even a small fender bender.

The car is New Formula Red over black and camel two-tone interior.

Here are some of the OEM and add'l equipment:

6 spd manual gear box
Cruise Control
TCS - traction control system with a factory defeat switch
Automatic climate control. AC works perfectly and blows super cold.
Onboard storable T-Top
CD Changer/iPod hook up in trunk
HID headlights
Black over tan two-tone leather interior in excellent shape
4-way electrically adjustable leather seats
3M clear bra paint protectant on car's front surfaces
Electric windows with driver express down
Keyless entry
Lo-Jack equipped

Since day one, this has been an adult owned and driven car that has always been garaged. Here are some the details and provenance of the car:

This is a 2 owner car....I am the second owner. The first owner was a gentleman named Dr. Frank who leased the car new in 2005 from Valencia Acura in SoCal. I know this because when I bought the car I found among the documents in the glove box a maintenance receipt from Valencia Acura, so I called the dealership and spoke to a salesman who remembered the car and said it was owned by a doctor named Dr. Frank. He said that the car was maintained impeccably well - as the Carfax print out supports. My wife and I bought the car from Acura of Concord in Feb of 2009 with 22,000 miles on the odo. Since then I've put on 13,000 miles...so that's about 1,600 miles/year during my 8 years of ownership with most of that happening during the first 5-6 years.

In 2011, I decided to take some steps to enhance the performance of the car to keep it current with modern sports and supercars. After much research on-line and talking to fellow NSX owners (particularly those from NSX Prime - www.nsxprime.com) I decided to give my car to Shad Huntley of Driving Ambition near Sacramento, CA, and took his suggestions on which improvements offered the car the most value in terms of performance and reliability. Shad Huntley enjoys a stellar reputation as one of the top NSX technicians and mechanics in the country. Below is a list of the components that were added to the car. In each case, the original OEM component was saved and stored for the benefit of a future owner. CT-Engineering is is known for building high quality and super-reliable components for Honda and Acura cars.

CT-Engineering Super Charger kit (low boost pulley - 6 lbs)
CT-Engineering headers/muffler/catback exhaust
CT-Engineering carbon fiber air box
CT-Engineering anti-sway bar kit, front and rear
Bilstein sport shocks
Stoptech front brake kit (rear stock calipers painted red to match)
Science of Speed sport clutch with OEM-like pedal pressure

These additions have made a huge improvement in the car's overall performance. Motor output went from 290 hp to 405 hp (351 at the wheels). The car is super quick now with performance equal to that of a 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera. Handling is much improved as well. The car tracks much flatter through corners and the ride, while firmer, is not at all uncomfortable (and I'm 58 yrs old with a bad back). Also, the brakes on this car are amazing! The CT-Eng supercharger has proven to be incredibly reliable. There have been no issues at all with the car pre or post the performance additions. All the modifications are 50 state CARB legal. The car has passed every smog test with ease during my 8 yrs ownership...thats 4 smog tests.

Documentation of all the work done as well as routine maintenance records are available upon request and will be given to the new owner.

I have done all of the routine oil and filter changes myself. I have been very meticulous about changing the the oil every 2500 miles and in some years where I haven't put on the mileage, I've changed the oil at the 6 month interval. Only Mobil 1 Synthetic has been used in the car.

Recent maintenance, March 2016:

Rear brake rotors turned and new shoes installed
Gear box oil/lubricant replaced

Occurring as I write this:

Timing belt and water pump replacement this week. This is a recommended service at 60k miles, but I'm having it done preventively due to age of the belt, as 60k usually happens well before the 12 year mark. Don Lam at Hilltop Auto Service is doing this work as well as the routine required valve adjustment. Don Lam is another expert NSX technician who is well known in the Bay Area NSX community. Many many Bay Area NSX owners have trusted Don with their timing belt and water pump services.

The car will be professionally cleaned and detailed prior to sale.

Serious inquiries only please. Before test driving, you must demonstrate the ability to properly operate a manual transmission.
I've priced the car right around the KBB value plus a small premium for the performance enhancements. I'll entertain any reasonable offers. Thanks for looking!

Please call, text or email Chris with any questions at 510-409-1901

Attachments

• IMG_0321_edited.jpg
    IMG_0321_edited.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_0317_edited.jpg
    IMG_0317_edited.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_0280_edited.jpg
    IMG_0280_edited.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_0286_edited-1.jpg