• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Nsx

Agree with Doc C. When I leased my 04, I think the mileage options were 5k, 7.5k, 10k, 12k, 15k. You could not choose 5k and prepay miles for .10/mile.

That said, it comes out cheaper to do 5k miles/yr and pay the .15/mile overage. Partly b/c Honda Financial uses the same .15/mile overage amount for all Acuras. On the NSX, the difference in residual for the increased annual mileage yields a higher per mile rate. So I chose 5k per year and will just drive it as much as I want.

For those looking, the 24 month lease is almost as good as the 36.

WeakestLink said:
Agree with Doc C. When I leased my 04, I think the mileage options were 5k, 7.5k, 10k, 12k, 15k. You could not choose 5k and prepay miles for .10/mile.

That said, it comes out cheaper to do 5k miles/yr and pay the .15/mile overage. Partly b/c Honda Financial uses the same .15/mile overage amount for all Acuras. On the NSX, the difference in residual for the increased annual mileage yields a higher per mile rate. So I chose 5k per year and will just drive it as much as I want.

For those looking, the 24 month lease is almost as good as the 36.

So what's all this concern about the mileage overage? If you lease an NSX, do you really think you're going to turn it in after lease is up? :D If you buy it at lease end, then mileage isn't an issue.

NSX-Tuner said:
So what's all this concern about the mileage overage? If you lease an NSX, do you really think you're going to turn it in after lease is up? :D If you buy it at lease end, then mileage isn't an issue.

Absofreakinlutely!!! It will be mighty hard to turn the keys in at the end of the lease. I'll probably end up purchasing it. I don't sweat the miles either. I got this car to drive and not sit around. If the HSC does come out and it's sweet, then I may give up my NSX. Or, just build another garage stall on to the garage!!!! :biggrin:

Back