• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 - The year of the parts

Team,

As last year had me layed up with a wrist injury from rock climbing and busy with work, I thought I'd pop the cork on this new year now that Spring has hit the Midwest and start putting in all those mods I've been talking about.

The list so far:
- Short Shift Block
- CF Front Canard Winglets
- CF Side Vents
- CF Rear Deck Spoiler
- Front Non-Compliance Clamps
- NSX-R Chassis Bars
- SOS Coolant Tank
- Front Tow Hook
AND
- HKS HyperMax2 Coil Overs

Here's some pics - follow up with the full stories on the web site (when I can get to it!):

cflip1.jpg

cfsidescoops1.jpg

cfsidescoops2.jpg

chassisbar1.jpg

chassisbar2.jpg

chassisbar3.jpg

chassisbar4.jpg

clamp1.jpg

clamp2.jpg

clamp3.jpg

clamp4.jpg

frontwings1.jpg

frontwings2.jpg

frontwings3.jpg

hks1.jpg

hks3.jpg

More to come!

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

nice!
Where did u get the canards from ?? and are they NSX specific ?

Did you take the front bumper off to get the type R bar in there? I was told by a local NSX tech that he had put them in before without removal of either the bumper or radiator. :confused:

Answers!

ANYTIME: You CAN put the front bar on without taking anything apart - I did it so I could paint and straighten everything up front - one of the tie downs was bent (!) so the bar wouldn't fit the mounting holes exactly. Nice. It looks way better now.

NSXBOX: The canards are NSX specific, and come right from DaliRacing.com - a bargain at $120. I'll be riveting them on as I don't think the masking tape will hold up at 155 mph.

JDM NSX: I think you mean the compliance clamps. CompTech created them, SOS makes them (the ones I got) and they work well. How well? After the chassis bars and the clamps I took it out on the twisties and its like a brand new car. Turn in perfect, incredible feel and not an ounce of understeer. I've done a lot of mods but these two together made the biggest difference. Well maybe the nitrous. Did I mention I don't put the new struts on until tomorrow? I can't wait for the Slowpokes meet on the 27th!

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

ANYTIME said:
Did you take the front bumper off to get the type R bar in there? I was told by a local NSX tech that he had put them in before without removal of either the bumper or radiator. :confused:

Bumper removal is NOT required to install the Type-R Bars he may have it removed for other purpose.

The compliance clamps looks mighty tempting, thanks for the info :smile:

Chris,

Hey - Where's my coolant tank?! It's the last part I'm waiting for! :smile:

Install of the clamps was a little time intensive just to get the best fit as those long black bolts have to line up just exactly with the threaded holes. Like anything alse, it just took patience and a flat file. Total time was about 2-1/2 hrs. I had to go buy the hex drivers required as well, AGAIN, as of course I couldn't find mine. Sears loves me.

NSXPO: As last year, the biggest event my company supports runs Oct 6-9th, which is right over the top of NSXPO. I'm trying to figure a way to get someone other than me to be there, but I don't think its possible. Maybe I'll fly out for the track days and take pics for the site and have a few drinks - I won't be driving!

Later my man!

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

Back