• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 Boxster S vs 1997 NSX

I offered 50 000$ in Canadian dollars for a 2001 NSX with 32 000 miles and the dealer says he is willing to accept.

The car is 100% stock

Good deal or not?

Car is red

I think that's a great price.

Is this the car at H Gregoire that I linked to above?

I think that's a great price.

Is this the car at H Gregoire that I linked to above?

Yes

It was originally priced at 65 000$, they dropped it to 59 900$ and tonight I walked in and they told me to give them a price and I said 50 000$ just for the heck of it.

Seller called his boss and his boss said ok cause the car has been sitting for a while.

I was shocked when they accepted but didn't show any emotion and tried to stay cool

So if tomorrow I would be selling a 2001 NSX with 32 000 miles for 50 000$ I'd have lots of buyers?

Yes

It was originally priced at 65 000$, they dropped it to 59 900$ and tonight I walked in and they told me to give them a price and I said 50 000$ just for the heck of it.

Seller called his boss and his boss said ok cause the car has been sitting for a while.

I was shocked when they accepted but didn't show any emotion and tried to stay cool

So if tomorrow I would be selling a 2001 NSX with 32 000 miles for 50 000$ I'd have lots of buyers?

Wow, good job. Just keep in mind this is a U.S. car, in case you didn't already know.

Since I got you the link, I want a ride :wink:

I think it's an amazing price for the year and kms. I may not be an expert but for the last 2 months I've been tracking the prices in Canada and it's excellent. Just go on trader.ca and look at prices across the country. Lambardi Honda in Montreal is asking $59,000 for a 1995 NSX. A few dealers in Toronto are asking $48,xxx for a 1994 and another is asking $48,xxx for a 1992. Granted these are Canadian cars, but still...

I don't know if you'd have lots of buyers, remember the NSX is still a very niche vehicle that a lot of people may not understand. Only a true car enthusiast would consider this car.

Wow, good job. Just keep in mind this is a U.S. car, in case you didn't already know.

Since I got you the link, I want a ride :wink:

I think it's an amazing price for the year and kms. I may not be an expert but for the last 2 months I've been tracking the prices in Canada and it's excellent. Just go on trader.ca and look at prices across the country. Lambardi Honda in Montreal is asking $59,000 for a 1995 NSX. A few dealers in Toronto are asking $48,xxx for a 1994 and another is asking $48,xxx for a 1992. Granted these are Canadian cars, but still...

I don't know if you'd have lots of buyers, remember the NSX is still a very niche vehicle that a lot of people may not understand. Only a true car enthusiast would consider this car.

That's the problem

Dealers are ''asking'' 59 000$ for a 1995 NSX, but in reality that car will sell for 40 000$.

No way in hell someone is paying more than 40 000$ on a 1995 NSX

That's the problem

Dealers are ''asking'' 59 000$ for a 1995 NSX, but in reality that car will sell for 40 000$.

No way in hell someone is paying more than 40 000$ on a 1995 NSX

So $50,000 for a 2001 is a smoking deal.

But you gotta remember the higher priced cars are originally Canadian, which means they paid a lot for them to begin with. But even with that said, I think some of dealers are asking insane prices for some of their cars'. For example, a dealer in BC is asking $44,950 for a 1991 with 118,000 on it. That's just nuts.

How can dealers actually ask some of these insane prices? consumers are so much more informed now-a-days with the internet. Do they expect these cars to sell? Like that 1995 NSX at Lambardi (for $59,000) has been there since fall and god only knows how long it's been there before.

Actually its 1995 and on with the power steering.

IMHO it DOES rob the car of the steering feel. I have owned both a 1991 and a 2005.

PS is pretty nice. :smile:

after driving my 97 around, when i get in a customer's car with out PS ... it takes me a second to get back into it :wink:

If you have a pre '95, you don't NEED to do pushups!:biggrin:

I dunno.......lack of power steering is a non issue for me. It seems to be technique. Just make sure the tires are moving a tiny bit before turning the steering wheel.

I was driving around without the power steering functioning in my 02 for a few days. I couldnt tell the difference above say 25km/h and below it, it was a serious PITA. The only speeds there was a difference was outside of "driving".
It was made worse because I was driving around with 235 RA1s up front. Those flat tires wouldnt turn! I could barely get into my garage.

Im a big fan of PS now.

Back