• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2015 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona Photos

i-94DhnD4-XL.jpg

i-jWf8H97-XL.jpg

i-ktVSWwj-XL.jpg

i-VHSS2X4-XL.jpg

i-z7TXksv-XL.jpg

i-WhhmFfn-XL.jpg

i-8vJ3k4X-XL.jpg

i-vksVVtR-XL.jpg

i-zhpSW7M-XL.jpg

i-jFgFnWt-XL.jpg

i-NkDrwSL-XL.jpg

i-gDWvjZW-XL.jpg

Thank you!

Watching on TV - looks like a tremendous event.

Appreciate your photos - keep them coming :biggrin:

Bob,

Great shots as usual! I really like the one of #02 Ganassi. Hope to see more!

Any shots of our own Billy Johnson in the 'stang?

Great shots!! Are you willing to share your settings for your night shots? I played and played around with manual settings and only a few of my pictures came out decently. I played with shutter speed, f-stop, and ISO (my DSLR camera can do up to 6400).

Also, at night do you auto- or manually focus?

(I am only a beginner photo hobbyist.)

Great shots!! Are you willing to share your settings for your night shots? I played and played around with manual settings and only a few of my pictures came out decently. I played with shutter speed, f-stop, and ISO (my DSLR camera can do up to 6400).

Also, at night do you auto- or manually focus?

(I am only a beginner photo hobbyist.)

My eyes aren't good enough to do manual focus at night (especially after shooting for 10 hours straight) so I need to do autofocus.

Camera Canon EOS 5D Mark III
ISO 2000
Focal Length 145mm
Aperture f/2.8
Exposure Time 0.004s (1/250)

- - - Updated - - -

I do pics for the Michael Shank fans each year. Here are some shots of the #60 :

<iframe id="vp1rGruT" title="Video Player" width="864" height="486" frameborder="0" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/embed.animoto.com/play.html?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1422321342&f=rGruTpO910bKxIrpvb4Wqg&d=0&m=p&r=360p+720p&volume=100&start_res=720p&i=m&ct=Photography%20by%20Robert%20Ondrovic&cu=http://photography.RobertOndrovic.com&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options=" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My eyes aren't good enough to do manual focus at night (especially after shooting for 10 hours straight) so I need to do autofocus.

Camera Canon EOS 5D Mark III
ISO 2000
Focal Length 145mm
Aperture f/2.8
Exposure Time 0.004s (1/250)

Ah, I see where I missed. I was using higher f-stop to try to get larger depth of field, but as a result I was shooting much longer exposures (and not using a tripod) to get enough light in, most of my pics were a touch blurry because of the long exposures. Next time I will try much faster shutter speeds. Thanks!

(I'm using a Canon Rebel T3i from a few years ago, at these kinds of events using the long Canon 75-300 lens. I also have the short 18-55 lens.)

Back