• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 NSX first Solo and Pro Solo Autocross Wins!

New to the forum, but wanted to share the results of two recent wins for the new NSX in SCCA Pro Solo and Solo competition. This was over past National Champions driving GT3 Porsche and 2017 Chevy Z06. Results can be found at www.scca.com under Autocross Program for Pro Solo and Championship Tour.

One of the things that I have done is run the new BFG Rival S 1.5 in the 305-30-19 inch size for rear and 275-35-19 in the front. This combination creates a mismatch in diameter that the computer will throw codes, only if driven sedately for awhile. Multiple codes: electric parking brake code, ABS failure, Brake system failure, VSA failure, etc will be on and not allow you to put in Track mode with VSA turned off. You can still drive the car with all these codes on, just not in the mode you want. You also must wait at least 12 minutes but less than 18 minutes for the last Electric Parking Brake code to go away. While this code is on, you can not select any performance modes. Once you have waited about 18 minutes, you can then select Track Mode and must go to VSA off by holding the traction control button on the left side of dash for about 7 seconds. Now you can drive the car hard in autocross or even a 20 minute lapping session at COTA without any issues. But go to driving at constant speeds and sedately, and all your codes pop back up and must be cleared with the >12 minute <18 minute or so sitting period. Pain in the ass, but the BFG tires and contigency in autocross is worth it! Can't wait until more proper sizes of these tires are available, which is probably next year according to my friend and BFG and Michelin North America Motorsports Manager, Pete Calhoun.

Call or text me if you have any questions? Also, check out a single cupholder I had 3D printed and availble, that holds larger RTIC type tumblers in the parts for sale section.

Erik Strelnieks

512-750-3448

Attachments

• SpringNats.jpg
    SpringNats.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 387
  • 2019MWPro.jpg
    2019MWPro.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Congrats! SS is a hell of a class at Nationals but I think a new NSX in the right hands can deliver a great fight. Glad to see more 1st gen and 2nd gen owners getting involved with autox. Both I feel are underestimated.

I agree, and hope to add to my three titles in the other SS (Super Stock) that were in 93 RX7, 2001 Z06, and 2004 Z06!
Congrats! SS is a hell of a class at Nationals but I think a new NSX in the right hands can deliver a great fight. Glad to see more 1st gen and 2nd gen owners getting involved with autox. Both I feel are underestimated.

NSX top of Super Street at SCCA Solo and Pro Solo Nationals

Just wanted to let the forum know that I was able to put the NSX on top of Super Street class for both the SCCA Pro Solo and Solo National Championships! I was able to put 0.9 tenths on new 2019 4.0 Porsche GT3 in second, 2017 Z06 in third at the Solo Nationals in class of 26 drivers. I look forward to taking down the new C8 next year...

Cheers!

Erik

I agree, and hope to add to my three titles in the other SS (Super Stock) that were in 93 RX7, 2001 Z06, and 2004 Z06!

Just wanted to let the forum know that I was able to put the NSX on top of Super Street class for both the SCCA Pro Solo and Solo National Championships! I was able to put 0.9 tenths on new 2019 4.0 Porsche GT3 in second, 2017 Z06 in third at the Solo Nationals in class of 26 drivers. I look forward to taking down the new C8 next year...

Cheers!

Erik

That’s awesome, man. Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your progress.....especially when you beat GT3’s!

its not the car:wink:...nice that you chose an nsx to showcase your skill...

Erik,

Fellow autoxer here. Looking to see if I have a moment of your time to run by some questions about the NSX in SS. We have a 996 GT3 in SSR, but are looking at moving on.

Erik,

Fellow autoxer here. Looking to see if I have a moment of your time to run by some questions about the NSX in SS. We have a 996 GT3 in SSR, but are looking at moving on.

Just seeing this, but sure.

Years late, but also have a simple question for autocross. Not sure if you are on here anymore.

I saw you set -3 camber in front and rear. Any idea roughly what thickness of shims this took?

Thanks
1/2" extra at least. I don't have the car anymore to measure.

Back