• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 vs 2019+

I have been looking for a 2019+ NSX due to the improvements but found a very low mileage NSX that I really like.

If I don't track the car regularly, will I tell the difference?

Tsgrayson96,

my view is that the biggest difference were the standard tire, with the 2019+ having
SportContact6. Put that on the 2017 on the next tire change and you are good.

I guess it all depends on your budget. It seems like 2017s are going for around 120s-130s and 2019+ are 140s ++

edit: I could be off here but it seems like prices have gone up at least $10K or more for all years, except for the brand new cars. I presume dealers are shooting for MSRP.

I presume if they make any meaningful updates for MY 22 and given the current market condition, discounts, including AFS rebate, may not be around.

Last edited:
Are the used prices of the cars high because of the shortage of chips and leather or do you expect low mileage 2017 to be 130k and 2019 to be 155K?

Are the used prices of the cars high because of the shortage of chips and leather or do you expect low mileage 2017 to be 130k and 2019 to be 155K?

I think it's a combo of the supply crunch (Acura closed 2021 orders already so you're stuck with whatever inventory is out there) and the recent positive reviews of the NC1. People are coming around to the car right as it is becoming less available. That, in my mind, equals price increase.

Thank you!

Is it worth just seeing how the market acts in a few months? The used prices just seem awfully high and I would hate to have a 40-50k drop in a year.

Thank you!

Is it worth just seeing how the market acts in a few months? The used prices just seem awfully high and I would hate to have a 40-50k drop in a year.

It's tough to predict. I do think the 2022 will be a measurable improvement over the 2017-21. If the market receives it well, then one would think the used prices on the 17-21 cars will go down. However, the NC1 is so rare and supercar buyers are so fickle that the normal market forces don't always apply like how we learned in Econ 101. In any event, I don't think you're going to see a $50k drop in any case. The car is just too rare.

If you're buying the car as an investment, and would therefore care if the value dropped $50k in a year, then by all means wait.

If you're buying the car to drive and enjoy, then don't worry about it. Find what you think is a fair price now, buy one, and don't even pay attention to used car prices after that. There is nothing but frustration in playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game.

If you're buying the car as an investment, and would therefore care if the value dropped $50k in a year, then by all means wait.

If you're buying the car to drive and enjoy, then don't worry about it. Find what you think is a fair price now, buy one, and don't even pay attention to used car prices after that. There is nothing but frustration in playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game.

Very true!

I would love everyone's opinion on the ones I am looking at but I don't want you to buy them until I choose!

This was very, very helpful! Based on it, why would you buy the 2017?

I was debating this for quite some time. It seems like there is about $20 - $30K delta between 2017 and 2019 which may be material to some buyers but you also get remaining factory warranty... I also agree with DJ Iceman - life is too darn short and if you love the car, get it and enjoy it.

I was debating this for quite some time. It seems like there is about $20 - $30K delta between 2017 and 2019 which may be material to some buyers but you also get remaining factory warranty... I also agree with DJ Iceman - life is too darn short and if you love the car, get it and enjoy it.

What did you decide?

You can always get a non Acura one

Here is what I was offered for an Acura extended warranty (and they would knock $381 off any of these)

5yr/80k $5330
5yr/100k $7230
5yr/120k $7740

Since I do very few miles, the 80K would have been my choice

So basically the play would only cost a grand a year for the 5 years of added peace of mind

You can always get a non Acura one

Here is what I was offered for an Acura extended warranty (and they would knock $381 off any of these)

5yr/80k $5330
5yr/100k $7230
5yr/120k $7740

Since I do very few miles, the 80K would have been my choice

So basically the play would only cost a grand a year for the 5 years of added peace of mind

Who was the warranty through?

It is the Acura extended warranty offered by my selling dealer

My servicing dealer doesn't bother with these products (I was surprised to hear that)

I would just call an Acura dealership and see if they will sell you an extended warranty if you purchase used from a non Acura dealership

My sense is as long as the car is under warranty, they would sell an extended warranty to you

They may want to inspect the car but that is speculation

Back