• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2019 or 2020 NSX

DocL, you have such a negative attitude towards Acura and the second-gen NSX. I read many of your posts even before joining the forum, and as I read more of your posts, I still wonder to this day why you stick around here. Why not just close this chapter in your life and move on to things that make you happier? Or do you find pleasure in posting negative post after negative post, bashing Acura and the car? Just wondering...

If you don’t want to read what I write you can just put me on your ignore list. Easy peasy.

If you don’t want to read what I write you can just put me on your ignore list. Easy peasy.

I have wondered myself. Obviously you have invested a lot of time over the years in the various NSXs. What would it take to get you back into a current NSX? I recall your humorous April Fools joke about Acura calling you and apologizing for the previous problems and offering you a great deal on a car. In a way I almost felt like you wished they had really done it.

I have wondered myself. Obviously you have invested a lot of time over the years in the various NSXs. What would it take to get you back into a current NSX? I recall your humorous April Fools joke about Acura calling you and apologizing for the previous problems and offering you a great deal on a car. In a way I almost felt like you wished they had really done it.

Fair question. There is nothing at this point that can change my mind. I’ll never buy another Acura product again. I owned my 1994 NSX for 15 years and never had a bad thing to say about the car or Acura. I also owned two TL’s, two RLX’s, and an MDX. All of them except for the first NSX I bought at the same dealer over a 20yr period.

The little jabs I take at Acura are just that. Humor and sarcasm are part of my personality. You have to admit that the Tumi bags are useless. I’m also going to assume most of us already have a nicer toiletries bag. If someone is offended my comments about that stupid bag, then so be it. It actually looks more like a body bag for a Barbie doll.

I gave AHM multiple chances to make things right. They failed and I have taken my business elsewhere. I hope that you, and the hundreds of other NC1 owners, never have to endure what I did with the terrible customer service that I experienced. And if a few people get offended by my comments about a stupid bag or pen, then so be it.

Last edited:
I hear you. I happen to be watching YouTube the other day and came across an interesting episode involving McLaren and the Manchester, UK McLaren Dealership that I think you will admit overshadows your experience. Listen to the whole thing, as it is pretty interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7qpUqwLS9o

I hope you listened to the entire presentation. It is crazy how much trouble these two people had (Father buys a 720S and the Son buys a 600 series. Both are new and delivered with things broken and damaged. These guys either left their new cars there for repairs driving 5 hours roundtrip, or stayed over night. Things continue to break even after they take their cars home. The Son ends up trading in his car for another more optioned 600 series. Even that was delivered damaged. It just never stopped. I cannot imagine anyone going through all that. They loved their cars is the only thing that kept them sane.

The little jabs I take at Acura are just that. Humor and sarcasm are part of my personality. You have to admit that the Tumi bags are useless. I’m also going to assume most of us already have a nicer toiletries bag. If someone is offended my comments about that stupid bag, then so be it. It actually looks more like a body bag for a Barbie doll.

I gave AHM multiple chances to make things right. They failed and I have taken my business elsewhere. I hope that you, and the hundreds of other NC1 owners, never have to endure what I did with the terrible customer service that I experienced. And if a few people get offended by my comments about a stupid bag or pen, then so be it.

No offense taken. I do think it's a nice gesture for Acura to send something once in a while, even if I find the item to be useless. I will most likely never use the pen or the money clip. If they do end up sending the Tumi bag, well, maybe I can donate it to a woman who can use it to discreetly store her vibrator or dildo in. :biggrin:

My whole point was more about why take the time and energy to keep posting negative comments over and over again about your unfortunate experience with the car and Acura. I had a very similar experience as you when I bought the very first model year of the Nissan Armada when it came out. I had nothing but problems and ended up getting Nissan to buy the vehicle back after I had it for about 18 months (it first went into the shop after having it for only two weeks). It was in the shop for a total of about 2.5 months out of the 18 months I owned it. It was such a bad experience and such a fight with Nissan corporate, but in the end I got all of my money back minus about $200 as a pro-rated amount for the first two weeks of ownership. Anyway, I closed that chapter in my life and moved on. I never spend any time or energy making digs at Nissan or the vehicle; it was simply nice to forget about it and move forward in life, focusing on bigger and better things.

No offense taken. I do think it's a nice gesture for Acura to send something once in a while, even if I find the item to be useless. I will most likely never use the pen or the money clip. If they do end up sending the Tumi bag, well, maybe I can donate it to a woman who can use it to discreetly store her vibrator or dildo in. :biggrin:

My whole point was more about why take the time and energy to keep posting negative comments over and over again about your unfortunate experience with the car and Acura. I had a very similar experience as you when I bought the very first model year of the Nissan Armada when it came out. I had nothing but problems and ended up getting Nissan to buy the vehicle back after I had it for about 18 months (it first went into the shop after having it for only two weeks). It was in the shop for a total of about 2.5 months out of the 18 months I owned it. It was such a bad experience and such a fight with Nissan corporate, but in the end I got all of my money back minus about $200 as a pro-rated amount for the first two weeks of ownership. Anyway, I closed that chapter in my life and moved on. I never spend any time or energy making digs at Nissan or the vehicle; it was simply nice to forget about it and move forward in life, focusing on bigger and better things.

I really don't want to get involved in rehashing my entire experience. That we can all agree on. My negative comments aren't that bad compared to the early part of 2019. Most of my comments are usually focused on the stupid shit, like the Tumi bag. You gotta laugh a little when you see the bag in person. It really is useless, even for storing a dildo. :D

...like the Tumi bag. You gotta laugh a little when you see the bag in person. It really is useless, even for storing a dildo. :D

Is it really that small? :eek: Damn, there goes that gift idea.

I enjoy hearing from Doc. I also do find his comments humorous. I don't mind the digs against Acura. Honda is my choice of manufacturers but it doesn't mean their turds don't stink.

The bag, or the dildo?:eek:

I was assuming the bag would be too small. If a woman has a small dildo, then where's all the fun in that? :biggrin:

I was assuming the bag would be too small. If a woman has a small dildo, then where's all the fun in that? :biggrin:

It’s for her to break-in her man when he’s being naughty.

Back