• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2020 Stuck in garage! Help!

Hey everyone!

Traded up my 1992 for a 2020 and drove it home today. I put it in my tight garage and shut it off. Came back later to drive it and now I am unable to get the car to move at all! the engine goes on and it shifts into all modes and gears, but when I press on the accelerator the engine revs but the car will not move! it's like the parking brake is on (it's not). In reverse, the back up cam shows the grids are in yellow due to the detection of the garage door frames. Is there some sort of collision avoidance system overriding everything keeping it from moving? I looked in the manual but no ideas.

Thanks in Advance,

Does your car have steel brakes? If so and they were wet they can partially fuse to the rotors. This is somewhat common. They will brake loose. There have been several posts about this issue either here or at the Second Generation Facebook page. You can -lace the car into neutral and try rocking it. I will see if I can find some info.

Does your car have steel brakes? If so and they were wet they can partially fuse to the rotors. This is somewhat common. They will brake loose. There have been several posts about this issue either here or at the Second Generation Facebook page. You can -lace the car into neutral and try rocking it. I will see if I can find some info.

Thanks Dr.M. I'll give it a try. Yes it has steel brakes and it was pouring rain when I drove it in. Any additional info will be helpful. Maybe spraying the brake pads with WD-40 to loosen? I would drive slow afterward to wear it off the disk.

I tried a search, but could not find the discussion. I will continue looking. The iron rotors and the pads can quickly bond. It is not a disaster as several have had this happen and were able to break them free. I just need to find the discussion. So while it is hard not to worry given you have a new car and this situation, just know it will work out.

Hey everyone!

Traded up my 1992 for a 2020 and drove it home today. I put it in my tight garage and shut it off. Came back later to drive it and now I am unable to get the car to move at all! the engine goes on and it shifts into all modes and gears, but when I press on the accelerator the engine revs but the car will not move! it's like the parking brake is on (it's not). In reverse, the back up cam shows the grids are in yellow due to the detection of the garage door frames. Is there some sort of collision avoidance system overriding everything keeping it from moving? I looked in the manual but no ideas.

Thanks in Advance,
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-211667.html
https://www.nsxwiki.com/nsx-second-...lletin-on-brake-pads-sticking-to-iron-rotors/
http://www.nsxwiki.com/category/nsx-second-generation/troubleshooting/

Good luck!

Stkpikr is the hero here for finding the info. I heard back from the Second Generation NSX at Facebook and several said give it more gas in reverse to break free. Then it is a matter of verifying no damage and perhaps a trip to the dealership. So it is a common problem. The pads can be changed to a different material, that supposedly helps. By the way, WELCOME to the group!

Stkpikr is the hero here for finding the info. I heard back from the Second Generation NSX at Facebook and several said give it more gas in reverse to break free. Then it is a matter of verifying no damage and perhaps a trip to the dealership. So it is a common problem. The pads can be changed to a different material, that supposedly helps. By the way, WELCOME to the group!

Thanks Dr. Manny. It's good to be back. I haven't posted for several years (parenthood). The value of my 54K mile 1992 Berlina Black allowed me to trade up. My screen name on the old NSX Prime was Napmasterg and my moniker was "No Thanks I'll Park it Myself". (I still feel the same:biggrin: about valet parking). Apparently there has been some changes of ownership/server changes? Regardless, this is still an awesome community I can tell. Thanks for all your efforts....

Thanks Dr. Manny. It's good to be back. I haven't posted for several years (parenthood). The value of my 54K mile 1992 Berlina Black allowed me to trade up. My screen name on the old NSX Prime was Napmasterg and my moniker was "No Thanks I'll Park it Myself". (I still feel the same:biggrin: about valet parking). Apparently there has been some changes of ownership/server changes? Regardless, this is still an awesome community I can tell. Thanks for all your efforts....

We're all still here. :D I can reactivate your old name if you want. We're about to move the forum to our new cloud server, but waiting on Lud for some final items. Good to see you posting again and congrats on the NC1- amazing car.

Just an update, after spraying WD-40 on my calipers last night and letting it soak overnight, I was able to move the car but with extreme resistance. Turns out the rear left caliper is still stuck as indicated by the skid mark on my garage floor from that wheel. Looks like a service call/pick up to the local dealer is inevitable now😬

Back