• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2021 on order - est. March build!

Think this group might appreciate - I have a family member closer to CA who is quite keen to do the pickup and store it for me - maybe I'm a terrible person but the thought of anyone else driving the X before I get my hands on it just makes me very sad.

And B&B is right ;) I can do a cross-country shipment for $2k if I were to shop on price - however, I'm out of patience and am over waiting at the mercy of the scheduling gods. I got a few quotes that could pick up "fairly immediately" but two of them were not BBB accredited and terrible feedback from some quick research, yadda yadda. Now...lets see if this shipper can "deliver." : praying emoji: :fingers crossed emoji: :money flying away emoji:

Think this group might appreciate - I have a family member closer to CA who is quite keen to do the pickup and store it for me - maybe I'm a terrible person but the thought of anyone else driving the X before I get my hands on it just makes me very sad.
No, you are NOT a terrible person. I wouldn't allow anyone driving the car before me. In fact, I may be on family vacation when the car is expected at the dealership and super perturbed that I may not be able pick up the car right away as the car sits in the back or worse yet being test driven. Hope all works out as I can feel your pain at the moment!

In the marketing playbook for the NSX it was noted that many buyers would not want anyone driving the car ahead of them

My dealer asked me if it was ok for the GM to drive it literally across the street to put gas in it

[MENTION=37431]sbkim[/MENTION] really hope dealers are following the playbook. I would think they are. When mine was delivered to me after being at the dealer for a year it had 4 miles on the odometer. So back then when they were really trying to move them test drives were apparently rare.

I’d ask them to not touch it for detailing, put it on the showroom floor and rope it off.

@sbkim really hope dealers are following the playbook. I would think they are. When mine was delivered to me after being at the dealer for a year it had 4 miles on the odometer. So back then when they were really trying to move them test drives were apparently rare.

I’d ask them to not touch it for detailing, put it on the showroom floor and rope it off.

Yep, I am confident that my dealer will follow the playbook and any specific instructions I have for them.

You’ll be fine. The dealer a dealt with was good about not detailing it. He offered and was fine with not touching it when I told him my plans. Mine had all the factory installed white interior protection covers still on - both doors, steering wheel, center console, and seats. The dealer even left the window sticker on. I kept all the white covers on until I got it back from wrap and tinting. Extra protection! It was fun unwrapping it all. Like getting a car right out of the factory.

Can’t wait for you guys to sit behind the wheel and go for a drive!

I do not believe you can order from dealer a and have it delivered to dealer b

I tried that in 2016 and that was a no go

I am sure 454 knows but $7500 to move a car cross country is not the number it should be

I understand just trying to get the job done and quickly
AFAIK, you CAN. Two-ish years ago, the NSX team reached out to me about it. Nothing came of it, but they did reach out.

At the very least I would think a multi franchise multi state dealer would...my local Acura dealer is a mile one company ...I'm sure with some phone calls you could buy in one state and have car shipped to another...

Miracle!!! The X has left the dealer, remains wrapped (save for where they had to move it to install the scrape armor), no front holes drilled for any plates, and is headed across the country. Apparently there is an extra layer of protection on the windshield that needs to be scraped off with a razor blade? "If you try and windex it you will be spraying for days..."

Oh boy, getting real now! Forecast calling for showers / thunderstorms for most of the remainder of the week *sob*

Miracle!!! The X has left the dealer, remains wrapped (save for where they had to move it to install the scrape armor), no front holes drilled for any plates, and is headed across the country. Apparently there is an extra layer of protection on the windshield that needs to be scraped off with a razor blade? "If you try and windex it you will be spraying for days..."

Oh boy, getting real now! Forecast calling for showers / thunderstorms for most of the remainder of the week *sob*

Excited for you! I just got mine back after PPF, Ceramic Coating and Window Tinting. Ready to drive the X worry free.
b3020071b4766ecda0e6ace236c58fde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPatel - looking good! Curious to learn more about Window Tinting - I was planning to do two side windows, including the two smaller back windows at our legal 35%. I was quote with Llumar ceramic - is this any good?

Thanks!

Excited for you! I just got mine back after PPF, Ceramic Coating and Window Tinting. Ready to drive the X worry free.
b3020071b4766ecda0e6ace236c58fde.jpg

CPatel - looking good! Curious to learn more about Window Tinting - I was planning to do two side windows, including the two smaller back windows at our legal 35%. I was quote with Llumar ceramic - is this any good?

Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah I got the sides (main window and the smaller back windows) and inside rear window done with LLumar 35% ceramic window tinting. Looks great and keeps the car interior cool (cars been out in the driveway during a 90 degree heatwave and still stayed fairly cool). Highly recommend it. Also didn’t want to block the engine view but may consider the rear windshield if it’ll help keep engine bay cooler in the heat.

Overall cost me $250 for that.

Won’t be long!

OK team - we are T minus 3 hours until estimated arrival. Husband and wife team took shifts together to drive the car across the country as safely and efficiently as they could. Got my tip money ready for 'em - wish me luck!!!

OK team - we are T minus 3 hours until estimated arrival. Husband and wife team took shifts together to drive the car across the country as safely and efficiently as they could. Got my tip money ready for 'em - wish me luck!!!
Awesome news. Did you sleep last night?

You should start a new tread on your delivery, thoughts, and first drive. And the many drives that will come later.

[MENTION=34751]NbyNW[/MENTION] - got up at 1am and was awake all night after! ITS HERE! ITS GORGEOUS. good tip on thread, will do one with thoughts, pics, etc. ahhhhhh! (the drivers were so great, they are car people which made it a fun delivery even in the drizzle.) off to fill 'er up - delivered with 2 miles and NO gas, need to work on that. (mod request to join owners section now yahoooooo).

[MENTION=34751]NbyNW[/MENTION] - got up at 1am and was awake all night after! ITS HERE! ITS GORGEOUS. good tip on thread, will do one with thoughts, pics, etc. ahhhhhh! (the drivers were so great, they are car people which made it a fun delivery even in the drizzle.) off to fill 'er up - delivered with 2 miles and NO gas, need to work on that. (mod request to join owners section now yahoooooo).

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting!

Can’t wait to see pictures :).

@NbyNW - I need to do my fuller thread...and a summary. The X has exceeded my very high expectations in every way! Very glad I read the "Reactions" thread (will comment in there) - was not prepared by how much people will react to the car, even after reading that thread.

Here's a photo of the unwrap.....! Drizzly day.

Attachments

• Unwrap - Copy.jpg
    Unwrap - Copy.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Two more....one on the first trip out to a parking lot (woah!) and the other is after a proper car wash - Berlina Black is quite reflective :biggrin: Why didn't anyone tell me the car looks even cooler in person!? [MENTION=37491]CPatel_Bos[/MENTION] I am #02475
Front - Copy.jpgPark Lot - Copy.jpg

@NbyNW - I need to do my fuller thread...and a summary. The X has exceeded my very high expectations in every way! Very glad I read the "Reactions" thread (will comment in there) - was not prepared by how much people will react to the car, even after reading that thread.

Here's a photo of the unwrap.....! Drizzly day.
Glorious! Can’t wait to see more.

Back